Boost Actuator messed up? Help

Darknight

Established Member
After getting my blower ported and swapping to a 6# lower I have been have a really loud roaring noise (like power steering pump going out). And I have been reading about what could cause this.

Well came across the boost actuator and just wanted to know:

At idle where should the lever be on the boost actuator? Mine stays on the stopper (all the way down) which I thought meant that the bypass valve was closed. Is that right? Does that mean my boost actuator is messed up?

Trying to narrow down the problem.

Also where should the pink line that connects to the actuator go after I doing the egr delete (and got rid of all but the bap sensor)? I believe I have it capped off is that right? Or am I supposed to do the bypass mod and connect it to other vacuum lines?

Thanks

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
When running at idle the arm should be fully up, you most likely have the lines backwards or something. When under load and vacuum decreases the arm goes down to the stop and closes the bypass butterfly to produce boost. You need to correct this before driving further because not bypassing the s/c will overheat the blower.

IIRC on the eaton the line that goes to the elbow for the intake goes to the bottom port on the avtuator and the other line goes to the top port.

Darknight

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
When running at idle the arm should be fully up, you most likely have the lines backwards or something. When under load and vacuum decreases the arm goes down to the stop and closes the bypass butterfly to produce boost. You need to correct this before driving further because not bypassing the s/c will overheat the blower.

IIRC on the eaton the line that goes to the elbow for the intake goes to the bottom port on the avtuator and the other line goes to the top port.

Well I have the black line on the bottom going to the intake, the top pink one is what I'm unsure about. Its either that I need to do something with the pink line or the boost actuator is bad.

Do you know where the pink line should go to? Or should I just cap it off?

LightningMAS

Banned
the pink one goes in ur acuator... on the side of it.. u got two holes on the acuator.. the back hole is the line that goes up under ur intake boot.. the hole on the side is the pink line, where u want to plug it in...

Darknight

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
the pink one goes in ur acuator... on the side of it.. u got two holes on the acuator.. the back hole is the line that goes up under ur intake boot.. the hole on the side is the pink line, where u want to plug it in...

Where does the pink one go from the actuator is my question? I already have the pink one on the actuator.

Chiz howto says to cap that off, so I figure I will go do that and check to see if that worked. Otherwise my boost actuator is out.

So where does the other end of the pink line go?

Darknight

Established Member
Well it looks like its the boost actuator that is the problem. Any ideas on getting a new one?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread