BOOST A Pumps

1quiksn95

Established Member
hey fellas, I've been talking to different tuners and some say Boost a pumps are a safe way to go, but recently I've ran into one or two that say Boost a pumps are playing with fire. how true is this? and had anyone have any horror story's. thanks

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
93 octane with a bottle of lucas octane booster in every tankfull, which takes it to 96 octane. 641 rwhp 557 torque!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Like anything else, it adds complexity and another part that can fail.

They work. They allow more hp. But it's another part that can go bad or fail. If it fails at right time, could cause a lean condition. No better or worse than the old in line boosters and fmu set ups.

I use one.

1quiksn95

Established Member
yeah I hear ya JDV. and Nice Black beast! bet that thing moves out. and from what im gathering it seams like 680ish whp is about the "safe" Max.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
yeah I hear ya JDV. and Nice Black beast! bet that thing moves out. and from what im gathering it seams like 680ish whp is about the "safe" Max.

No black beast here. For some reason. Tapatalk thinks I am ndog65. I'm not. I have white anniversary model 15.

We sell Fuel Pump Boosters at VMP Performance. It is typically a good idea to keep fuel safe on a boosted coyote application.

http://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Plug-and-Play-Fuel-Pump-Voltage-Booster-40AMP-p/vmpamppnp.htm

That's the one I have.

1quiksn95

Established Member
I'm running the JMS boostmax, on e85 just don't know how log the stock pump will last with that extra voltage going thru it.

Users who are viewing this thread