BOOM !!!! Let the speculation begin........

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
blown-lt1-1-400x679.jpg

blown-lt1-2.jpg

Breaking News: Is this the C7 ZR1′s Supercharged Powerplant? - CorvetteOnline.com

laruei

Established Member
Interesting though... did they change the rear transaxle setup on the c7? Cause that has a transmission attatched to it..

Maybe they tested it in a Crapmaro first?

Also I see 7.0... Might mean 7 liters but isnt the Zr1 a 6.2?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Interesting though... did they change the rear transaxle setup on the c7? Cause that has a transmission attatched to it..

Pretty sure the C7 is still a rear transaxle setup. So unless they're making drastic changes to the C7 ZR1 then idk what vette this would go into.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Pretty sure the C7 is still a rear transaxle setup. So unless they're making drastic changes to the C7 ZR1 then idk what vette this would go into.

Read the article: "Don’t get too hung up on the fact it has a conventional engine-mounted transmission instead of a torque tube and transaxle – for testing purposes it’s a lot simpler to use a conventional transmission."

svtaddict

Established Member
they dont make sexy engines anymore althogh the 5.0 and gt5oo engines do look nice. i miss engines that look good without crappy plastic covers dressing them up.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Maybe they saw what an embarrassment GT500_Slayer(ZL1_FOR_SALE,MY_BOTTLE_WAS_EMPTY)'s car was and decided to design a new engine for the ZL-1 out of sympathy?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Read the article: "Don’t get too hung up on the fact it has a conventional engine-mounted transmission instead of a torque tube and transaxle – for testing purposes it’s a lot simpler to use a conventional transmission."
Whoops. Skimmed right over the article.

Nike-Shoebox-psd34252.png

I hate popping a hood to see a shoe box.

:lol: It definitely isn't a very aesthetically pleasing motor.

Users who are viewing this thread