Bone stock dyno results: 363 rwhp, 365 rwtq (SAE) !!!

Venom Lover

Established Member
I'm just loving this car!!! :-D :-D :-D

The above results were done at R&D dyno in Gardena: Darren is a great guy. Cf was 1.00 at the shop today (a miracle!). I made three pulls: first two in totally stock configuration, and the third with the air intake disconnected from the air filter housing, so she was breathing directly through the intake. She was NOISY on the third run, as you can imagine!!!

Results:
Run 1: Max power 363.2, max torque 360.6
Run 2: Max power 360.7, max torque 365.4
Run 3: Max power 383.6, max torque 369.0

Amazing numbers, IMO. Also, the gain of 20 rwhp in run 3 seems to coincide with results of +20 rwhp from others on this forum running without silencer and with K&N filter. I'm running to Pep Boys tonight on my way home to get the filter!!!

Oh, we also noticed on run 3 the car seemed to be running at higher boost. Have you all noticed that? I could also smell that it was clearly running way too rich on that third run. So, clearly there's more potential with a bit of tuning.

Wow! Approaching 400 rwhp without even touching the exhaust! YEEEHAW!

Anyone else notice that you run higher boost with the K&N/silencer delete mods?

EDIT: Don't know why the image of the dyno plot stopped working. Apparently this site doesn't allow links to the Corvette Forum or vice versa. You can launch a web browser page and copy in this URL:

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/venomlover/cobra_dyno_stock.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread