Bone stock 04 VS 95 Firehawk

fatal1

Established Member
Have a race lined up tommorow morning witha 95 Firehawk. Its an automatic, no exhaust, he may spray me but I doubt it. Its for a couple hundred $. Should I be worried? By the way just dropped the 99ws6 and got into 04 silver Cobra.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Do you think your old 99 could take this guys 95? I wouldn't be too worried about it. If he sprays, how big of a shot do you think he would use? You guys going from a dig or a roll?

fatal1

Established Member
If any, it would be 150 shot. The only thing I am worried about is me launching, all the talk about breaking things with the wheel hop has kinda got me skidish about coming out of the hole that hard.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
your going to smack him around like a "red headed step child"..

it was rated in 95, with the optional 315 hp/342 ft lbs torque engine at 4.9 0-60 and [email protected].. this was with the 6 speed and SLP performance exhaust system..

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Nothing to worry about with the launch, just feather the clutch as you take off. You going on DR's, street tires, or slicks? Where are you guys running at? More than likely I am guessing he has the 2.73's in the rear with the auto, so thats going to take some time to get that thing going. Just be patient on the launch and let loose once you have some traction, and shift like a mad man. Should be a good race.

joegt38

Established Member
Id be a little worried if he sprays, the 95 Firehawk should be about as fast as your 99 ws6 was trapping maybe a little lower. If he sprays it may be very tough depending how much he sprays.

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by fatal1
Have a race lined up tommorow morning witha 95 Firehawk. Its an automatic, no exhaust, he may spray me but I doubt it. Its for a couple hundred $. Should I be worried? By the way just dropped the 99ws6 and got into 04 silver Cobra.

You're racing for a couple hundred $$ and you don't think he's gonna squirt you? :shrug:

A stock '95 Firehawk should trap 100-103, add 10mph (or more)to that for the 150 shot (LT1s like juice) and your looking at 110-113, certainly close enough to make it a driver's race with a stock Cobra.

BTW, I used to own an auto-equipped 1995 Formula that went 14.2@99 at Englishtown, NJ when it was bone stock.

Z O SICK

Established Member
I think anyone who races for money should know a little bit about the car they are going to run. Like everyone else said, if he sprays it will be a close race. If he is on street tires and sprays he will have a bit of trouble hooking up. Good luck!

2000-S6

Established Member
Originally posted by fatal1

hey fatal,
i think the race depends on his shot...good luck.
if possible, let me know your impression of the cobra vs your old WS6. what's better, what's worse?
thanks,

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by JSTA46
I think anyone who races for money should know a little bit about the car they are going to run.
Yeah, and it sounds like he's sandbagging, as well. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

gnxs

Established Member
Re: Re: Bone stock 04 VS 95 Firehawk

Originally posted by 2000-S6
hey fatal,
i think the race depends on his shot...good luck.
if possible, let me know your impression of the cobra vs your old WS6. what's better, what's worse?
thanks,

I don't know what fatal thinks, but I like most everything better on the Cobra (especially seats and the power), but not the shifter position. I also like the looks of both, but still favor my Formula WS6 (slightly):

WS6 Formula

Last edited:

2000-S6

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Bone stock 04 VS 95 Firehawk

Originally posted by gnxs
I don't know what fatal thinks, but I like most everything better on the Cobra (especially seats and the power), but not the shifter position. I also like the looks of both, but still favor my Formula WS6 (slightly):

WS6 Formula

nice observation, and gorgeous formula. my take is a little different. what i love about the 03-04's are the power (and mod ability), but i dislike the seat's, their position, as well as the shifter. the looks are needing time to grow on me as well. i know that sounds weird, but the f body's have a fabolous seat position (NOT quality material's, however). i will always hold on to my beast regardless of my next purchase, but may look to buy the next gen cobra if ford's design group makes that thing have that one of a kind look (like dodge's viper, relative to any other car in dodge's lineup)
u have two really nice car's :beer:

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Bone stock 04 VS 95 Firehawk

Originally posted by gnxs

WS6 Formula

I still don't see why everyone thinks the shifter is such a pain in the cobra. But I'm 6' 1" with long arms. I hate the F-body shifters and how the boot just kinda hangs there. Looks like shit. Plus the throw is ungodly long in them.

gnxs

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bone stock 04 VS 95 Firehawk

Originally posted by poopnut2
I still don't see why everyone thinks the shifter is such a pain in the cobra. But I'm 6' 1" with long arms. I hate the F-body shifters and how the boot just kinda hangs there. Looks like shit. Plus the throw is ungodly long in them.

My Formula was my first stick, so I guess that's what I'm used to. Plus I'm 5'8" and it's much easier to reach. I had a Pro 5.0 in the WS6 and the throws are the same as the Pro 5.0 in my Cobra. I couldn't even drive (i.e. reach) the Cobra shifter with the Pro 5.0 until I added the Tri-Ax handle.

Clarification to an earlier poster: the reason I didn't like the Formula seats was they were cloth (which I liked) and didn't have the lumbar support of the leathers. I would always be sliding around. I love the way the Cobra seats just lock me in. I also like the leather/suede combo.

fatal1

Established Member
Robert, I loved my ws6, but my cobra rides, handles, and the interior noise is better. Just ordered cat-back, and desecharger yesterday. Installed tri-ax last weekend. One reason I got rid of the ws6 is because I kept finding pieces of metal on the drain plug. With the Firehawk, a buddy of mine talked me down enough that he's confident he can win

Cal

Established Member
Its like one of those cliffhanger endings. We just need some exciting music to go along with it.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
A 150 shot is some serious power... He will probably beat you if he sprays it... All motor he's done for, and I am sure he knows that, so here come's the juice!!

Cal

Established Member
Maybe you should get a little "somethin'-somethin", just in case ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread