Bolt Size Help

cntchds

Established Member
I bought a used IRS to throw on my GT about a year ago. The bolts that it came with to mount the shock to the control arm were clearly not the right size (a ton of play in the hole) so I bought bigger bolts, but I was hoping to get the actual correct size if anyone can help me out. Thanks in advance!:beer:

cntchds

Established Member
Thanks a lot. I heard that it is a flag nut. Is there not enough room to get a wrench in there, or would I be fine with a nylon lock nut?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I have several spare OEM nuts (with the anti-rotation tab and thread lock) if you need one. I can send it for just the cost to ship. I needed one and had to buy four, so I have three extras.

Last edited:

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
The bolt size is M14-2.00 X 130

You should definitely hit up "quicksnake" if you want to use the oem stuff because the dealer will charge you $20 per bolt and $10 per nut :nonono:

shurur

Established Member
Fastenal..local distribution and online access to every hardware piece you can think of.

not a flange bolt..but $$$$
http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/product/fasteners/bolts/cap-screws-hex-bolts/_/Navigation?searchterm=&sortby=webrank&sortdir=descending&searchmode=&refine=~|categoryl1:"600000 Fasteners"|~ ~|categoryl2:"600001 Bolts"|~ ~|categoryl3:"600003 Cap Screws 9and Hex Bolts"|~ ~|attrdiameter:122900|~ ~|attrlength:173200|~

including stupid stuff like various hood blanket clips and such....and people are still just finding them..

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-02-23/fastenals-runaway-stock-success

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread