Bolt ons to boost, did you keep the same tuner?

phfelts

Established Member
Currently I have an email tune on my car, but I've been considering putting a little boost to the car and I'm curious what your thoughts are on sticking with the same tuner when going boosted. I only ask because some companies like VMP offer their own tuning, and who better to tune for a supercharger than the people who developed the kit? I'm just curious about what some of you guys did when supercharging/turbocharging your cars.

RusWolf

Established Member
I think it depends on who your NA tuner is.
For example: If your NA tune is from BAMA, you would probably will want to change the tuner. But, if your NA tuner is well known to do both than it is completely up to you. Also, depending on your location it's always best to get a dyno tune from a local well known tuner and if you do not have a local experienced tuner who tunes 5.0s your other option would be to do a remote tuning session.

I used to be tuned by AED at AED shop. I moved to the east coast few years ago and still ran AED tune, just recently last month i finally got around to getting retuned and went to a local tuner who works with AED and is reccomended by Shaun.

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
I was tuned by Steeda first NA then AED , then when i got blower got a dyno tune and was happy with it but not blown away. Switched back to AED via Remote tune and now i am making more power on less boost .

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
AED when n/a, now with JPC for the turbo setup. Like most, AED couldn't remote tune a turbo setup because of the many variables. I'm happy with the JPC tune tho.

Users who are viewing this thread