Bolt ons no tune

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm sorry if this topic has been posted but can someone help list all the bolts you can do with no tune

So far I heard TB what else is there ?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
To maximize efficiency I would always recommend a re-tune following any performance upgrades. If you're not going to get the most out of the upgrade, why waste your money? :shrug:

Just my $0.02.

dustin88lx

Established Member
This car is so controlled by the PCM that I wouldn't do anything without a tune all the way down to an offroad X/H pipe that even needs a tune to turn the Cat overheat off....If you are going to spend the money get a tune it is imperative for this car to operate efficiently....

SteveWK

Established Member
Agreed, a "tune" is needed to get the most out of the car, but I have reservations when it comes to tunes and the tuners ultimate knowledge of what is safe for the engine and what is not. If the tuner were to instrument the engine completely and subject it to the same stress tests as Ford did, then I would feel comfortable.

Maybe I am wrong, but man .... I just don't know. And that doubt makes me not want a tune.

Steve

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Agreed, a "tune" is needed to get the most out of the car, but I have reservations when it comes to tunes and the tuners ultimate knowledge of what is safe for the engine and what is not. If the tuner were to instrument the engine completely and subject it to the same stress tests as Ford did, then I would feel comfortable.

Maybe I am wrong, but man .... I just don't know. And that doubt makes me not want a tune.

Steve

+1

I'm spending my money on some suspension upgrades so I can more effectively utilize the ridiculous power this car already has. Getting that power to the ground is the most important thing for me at this point. :rockon:

finsrin

Established Member
From dyno graphs I saw - C&L CAI w/o tune is good for 20-40 RWHP from ~4000rpm up.
Nice bump for simple inexpensive change.
I plan to do it.
Did CAI w/o tune on C6 Corvette and improvement was obvious.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
+1

I'm spending my money on some suspension upgrades so I can more effectively utilize the ridiculous power this car already has. Getting that power to the ground is the most important thing for me at this point. :rockon:

This in spades

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
Does a tune affect the warranty? I am curious just what mods that we can get away with before Ford tells us that we have voided our warranty.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Does a tune affect the warranty? I am curious just what mods that we can get away with before Ford tells us that we have voided our warranty.

If they go searching for it- yes it will effect your warranty- if they can prove it was the cause of the failure you have it in the shop for.

I had a Lund tune on my 08 and it was in the shop twice- once for maintenance, and once for repairs and they didn't say a thing

Duncan4169

SVT Poster
Established Member
From dyno graphs I saw - C&L CAI w/o tune is good for 20-40 RWHP from ~4000rpm up.
Nice bump for simple inexpensive change.
I plan to do it.
Did CAI w/o tune on C6 Corvette and improvement was obvious.

That's what I'm looking for a TB I would think would improve response now I just need a full exhaust no tune

Users who are viewing this thread