Bolt Ons(I'm not stupid)

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
hey everyone
so I read all the basic FAQ, all the what to buy what not to buy etc.
Obviously I want an intake, midpipe, and exhaust(car already has JBA headers on it) but the FAQ did not state which brands(if any) would give the biggest power gains or if theyre all the same. I know with my old car there were certain brands that were good and certain brands to stay way away from and didnt know if that was true with the cobras.
Thanks in advance

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I cant see there being more than 1-3rwhp difference in exhaust but who knows. I have a BBK intake and and it works fine although I hear a lot of people saying it conducts a lot of heat and how JLT is better.

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I have jlt and I like it. This is an exterior video of my exhaust. Stock manifolds, MAC O/R Prochamber, Bassani catback.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQq0ni5QHJw"]2001 Cobra Bassani Outside - YouTube[/nomedia]

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
Okay so time to add a little something to this
I have a MM strut tower bar, and from what I've read most intake choices(I want ram air not cold air, I hate having to worry about hydrolock since this is my DD) will not work with the STB, true?

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I was always under the assumption that if it is lower then the upper intake then you should be fine. But I am not 100% sure on that.

01rowlandcobra

Established Member
I am by no means bashing JLT because they do make quality products. I am just curious how your conclusion was formulated??

Lol my bad didn't mean to state it like a fact lol just my .02 I've had 4 Stang 2 of witch 4v and on my mach I ran a bbk and traded with a buddy for the jlt SEEMED like more HP never dyno after the change exp after stroking it out to 5.0 so on a 4.6 I have never had one dynoed. started out with a k&n on the cobra I have now and bought the jlt but yet again my car isn't no where near stock now and I don't have any before and after dyno so I have no proof exp my word so like I said just my .02 wouldn't mind seeing some different dyno read outs of different intakes

Users who are viewing this thread