bolt ons/cams 3v tune results

M33P

Established Member
This doesn't seem right to me. My girlfriend has a 2006 GT, Steeda CAI, Pypes Axleback, and FRPP Hot Rod cams. She just got done having it dyno tuned and she told me that it only made 260whp/290tq. This doesn't seem right at all. It was tuned by a very reputable tuner as well. Tune was done on 93 octane.

Voltwings

Established Member
Depends on the dyno. If you dont have a baseline, thats just a useless number. Granted, seeing as how even a low reading dyno should fall in a certain ballpark, it does seem a tad on the low side. We got a shop over near us where a fully bolted Ls3 vette is putting down Sub 400 whp... just depends on the dyno.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
auto or manual? gears? humidity? temp? type of dyno? all play in the dyno results. Also the axle backs give 0 whp. Grab some long tubes, h pipe, underdrive pulleys, FRPP throttle body and Intake Manifold...that should bring them up pretty good.

i have an 05 GT and my dyno was 360/341. Mods at the time were: 90mm CAI, 62mm TB, C&L Intake Manifold , FRPP Heads & 127200 cams, Underdrive Pulleys, LT's, Catted H, Mac Axleback, Aluminum D/S w/ 4.10's.

Dynos are tough. I would take the results and check out track times before you discount the 260rwhp. Grab a set of 17's and some 26" QTP's and hit the track and see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread