Bolt on Mach 1 easily takes down bolt on 360R from a roll, what the?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Well to understand the story you need to hear the whole thing...If you want to fast forward go to paragraph 3

It all started about 2 years ago when I would see this white with blue striped 360R driving around. I always wanted a shot at him (mainly from a dig in my favor) but we were always going the other way to work or he would be driving by as I was walking in the parking lot. About a year ago I was out with my friends since the wife and kid were out of town, and just so happens one of them knew how to get in touch with him. I tried to set something up for a dig run and he agreed but was at his girlfriends I believe and said he would text when he was leaving and we would line up. Well turns out he did but not being in my early 20's anymore, I was already retired for the night and declined coming out to run. This is something I would kick myself for, for a long while.

Fast forward to a month ago and I sold my 95 roller and was forced to put my RTS 15" wheels on it because of large rear studs. So I needed wheels and tires, asked a friend for a favor and got his 17x9 and 17x10.5 03 Cobras with 315 Nitto 555s on the rear. Now fast forward a few weeks ago the wife and I were leaving a flooring center after meeting there after work. She drove the Mach and I drove her car (can't remember why?). After we were leaving I jumped in the Mach and told her I would follow her. We pull out and I see the 360R, now with blue wheels to match his stripes...I pulled out and he pulled behind. Traffic was thick as we were in a busy part of town. I got over to follow the wife not even sure if he wanted to race. Well he reved in my ear so I could hear his roots blower and his friend motioned out the window while looking at me to "come on". That was enough for me...I waited for a clearing and fishtailed it out from behind the wife in high pursuit. I finally ran him down at a gas station, they look surprised to see me. I pulled up and his buddy came to talk to me, asked the usual "What's done to it?" and I replied "Bolt ons". I asked what kind of power the 360R was making and he refused to tell me, didn't care... "Lets line them up on the interstate going north" so off we went.

I wanted a 40mph roll as that is my sweet spot in 2nd gear so as I was following him I punched it at a 40 roll to see what traction would be like. Instant tire spinning to the point of having to let off the throttle to avoid the rev limiter. So I searched for another roll. I found 50mph in 3rd was a pretty good spot so that is what I settled for. We are now getting on the interstate as I roll along side him and just so happens he was at a nice 50mph speed. He honked it off and we both kicked it and I instantly started pulling to my surprise! Through 3rd (which is very short) I pulled a car length on him. Powershifted into 4th gear and the ass end wiggled a little bit but I kept the pull going. By the time I let out around 115mph I had a solid 1.5-2 cars on him. I wanted another run just to make sure that nothing went wrong but after we hit the brakes to get back to normal speed I looked in my mirror to see a crown vic with a light bar. Time to go! I jumped off the next exit and tried to tell them a cop was behind them but they didn't get it and just gave me a thumbs up.

Sorry for the long thread but I'm mainly out of the car thing and this was the first run in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey Stoppy, glad to see you back and still running your car. Nice kill.
I'll bet you miss that rush now that your out of it.

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
Nice kill. Not surprising though. The roush cars with that shitty 2v were pretty much maxed and the Mach at 305 "underrated" hp really responded to mods. They both ran close at around 13

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good Kill!

Put some weight back in that Mach and you might actually have some traction:poke:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Wait did you sell your car or did I take the other post the wrong way?

Nice kill, always loved the 360's.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
ok nice kill,
this really has me wondering what the hell is wrong with my car 2v blown 390rwhp
why wont it break loose at 40mph in 2nd?:poke:

lol
nice kill, cool car its next on the buy list

Stopsign32v

Established Member
ok nice kill,
this really has me wondering what the hell is wrong with my car 2v blown 390rwhp
why wont it break loose at 40mph in 2nd?:poke:

lol
nice kill, cool car its next on the buy list

Probably because it doesn't have 4.56 gears and is missing 16 valves. :shrug: Just a guess

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Mach 1s must be hungry these days. I just ran mine for the first time in a LONG time. My last kill was an e46 M3 before the easy fox kill today.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Good kill Stopy. Miss you on tech. You really head ****ed hiho. He brings you up every now and then. haha.

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread