Bolt on cobra & Evo VIII gt37r (low boost)

millerc73

Established Member
Had some fun last night. I ran a buddy of mine in his bolt on Cobra that has a pulley, tune, exhaust and maybe a couple of other things (not sure of the pulley size, he said it makes 15lbs of boost) Also ran another friend in his fully built EVO 8 with GT37r turbo, just about everything you can think of is on this car, it is BAD ASS!!! He ran on a low boost, pump gas 92 octane, no alcohol tune and said his car makes ~450whp on that setup. My car is a 06 turbo GT, I ran on 10#s and make ~470rwhp/520rwtq with that setup.

Race 1 - Cobra 40MPH, I brake boost and the outcome isn't pretty.
Race 2 - Cobra 45MPH, I don't brake boost and let him have the hit, the outcome is the same but a little closer.
Race 3 - Evo 25MPH, throw away race
Race 4 - Evo 25MPH, both brake boost and pretty clean start, I edge him by maybe 3/4 of a car ~ 130MPH
Race 5 -Evo 25MPH, both brake boost, he jumps early(trying to brake boost to turbo cars and keep them even isn't easy) he edges me by 3/4 - 1 car @ 120MPH

sorry so long, here's the vid link.
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/SVT_TX/?action=view&current=10-26.flv :pop:

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good stuff man.. always good to see some nicely modded cars going head to head.. a dig race would be nice to see as well.

millerc73

Established Member
Thanks, both of our clutches are going south slowly so we thought better of it.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
when you guys get new clutches get some daytime video of the races from a pursuit car.. that would be very cool.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Great runs Chad! I was impress with the EVO race. I bet next time he'll end up putting his race gas and turning up the wick some.

With this Sunday being the last track day of the season:)cuss::cuss:), my plans on getting some good times in early November are over, looks like I might have to take a few trips to Juarez:rockon:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
I would of thought the evo would of walked you. But good races none the less your car sounds good.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
damn good run with the evo, but why does everyone say they race in mexico?

Not sure if your question is a joke but if you're serious...people say that they race in Mexico because racing here in the US is illegal and most places here have speed limits!!!:nono:

I guess speeding & racing isn't such a bad thing south of the border...

LOL

Later...Dave

SLVRF16

Established Member
Good runs!! :thumbsup:

Tell the driver of the evo to stay in it longer with his gears. He was switching way too early and losing ground with each shift. He clearly has the faster car, but he needs to shift a little better to keep the lead.

-M

evo connevo

Established Member

Tell the driver of the evo to stay in it longer with his gears. He was switching way too early and losing ground with each shift. He clearly has the faster car, but he needs to shift a little better to keep the lead.

-M

I think it's kinda hard to tell where he is shifting. Him losing ground is because of the lag after each shift. Even if he shifts at 8000rpms there is still gonna belag in between the shift unless he no lifts. The turbo is monsterous.

I think the evo did decent beacuse that turbo is all top end and is supposed to be run over 35psi to reach its limits. If I had that in my car, I would have racegas 24/7 or methanol.

OP--Nice vid btw

millerc73

Established Member
I think it's kinda hard to tell where he is shifting. Him losing ground is because of the lag after each shift. Even if he shifts at 8000rpms there is still gonna belag in between the shift unless he no lifts. The turbo is monsterous.

I think the evo did decent beacuse that turbo is all top end and is supposed to be run over 35psi to reach its limits. If I had that in my car, I would have racegas 24/7 or methanol.

OP--Nice vid btw

Yeah that car is a MONSTER and I was running him on the very lowest settings he has, with the clutch that's in the car anything higher and he just blows threw it. Once the new clutch is in and he turns up the boost and turns on the meth, it'll be stupid fast. I was still planning on having my ass handed to me on this setup but I felt good that my car held it's own. Hopefully I'll get my motor built over the winter and I'll be able to really get the full potential out of my car. :beer:

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member

-M

Once again, you're spouting off about things you don't know about. When you have big power, your gears get REAL short.

THAITED

Established Member
Good run! just a curiousity, your sig said that you have more rwhp and torque than your post. Do you have two different tunes? May be you should run him again with a race gas or something it would make a big diffenrence.

millerc73

Established Member
Thanks Thaited, I did run him on my race gas tune but I had the boost backed down a bit, I'm running out of injector and didn't want to hurt anything. He's got way more room to turn it up than I do at the moment. It was all in fun anyway.

millerc73

Established Member
I've kind of got a debate going on with the cobra driver in the video over on another forum and have a favor to ask the viewers. How many cars would you say that I took him by in the first video? Be honest.

CobraRyan

Banned
umm the first race it looks like he let out before 100. The second race looks like you put 2 cars on him...what kind of numbers was that cobra making...the driver didnt sound bad you just have a really fast GT is the 500/550 your race tune??

Users who are viewing this thread