Bolt-on C5 vs Lingenfelter C6

slowtealz28

Established Member
Rolled up on a Lingenfelter C6 with widened rear fender flares, deep dish wheels, aftermarket hood, and big LINGENFELTER sticker on the back bumper. He had exhaust too. He wanted to play cat and mouse for a while with his top off and I am sure he heat soaked his blower. Finally for a run in from a much higher speed than I wanted to go from. I told him to go on three. I honked it off and got a little bit of a hit. Pulled a car, shifted into fourth and he was up a car, shifted into 5th and ran it out a little and he ended up about 4-5 cars ahead. He didn't ask what I had done to the car, but if he did and I told him, he would either think I was lieing, or would want to sell his car.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Rolled up on a Lingenfelter C6 with widened rear fender flares, deep dish wheels, aftermarket hood, and big LINGENFELTER sticker on the back bumper. He had exhaust too. He wanted to play cat and mouse for a while with his top off and I am sure he heat soaked his blower. Finally for a run in from a much higher speed than I wanted to go from. I told him to go on three. I honked it off and got a little bit of a hit. Pulled a car, shifted into fourth and he was up a car, shifted into 5th and ran it out a little and he ended up about 4-5 cars ahead. He didn't ask what I had done to the car, but if he did and I told him, he would either think I was lieing, or would want to sell his car.

What are your mods?

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
wonder if it was a real lingenfelter or a c6 with a lingenfelter intake and valve covers....seen plenty of them....

slowtealz28

Established Member
Mods are as follows:

vararam intake
LS6 intake manifold
ported stock TB
Longtube headers w/orx
catback
dyno tuning
B&M ripper shifter
spec twin disc clutch
RPM Stage IV transmission 6speed
RPM Stage II Diff with 3.90 gears

Car has gone 11.80@118mph, ranked #7 on the corvette fast list for bolt ons. Only 2 are 6 speeds that are faster. The car hauls the mail for the #'s it puts out. I can post video if you need more proof. The car was 100% supercharged, no way to hide the sound of a roots type blower.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Mods are as follows:

vararam intake
LS6 intake manifold
ported stock TB
Longtube headers w/orx
catback
dyno tuning
B&M ripper shifter
spec twin disc clutch

Car has gone 11.80@118mph, ranked #7 on the corvette fast list for bolt ons. Only 2 are 6 speeds that are faster. The car hauls the mail for the #'s it puts out. I can post video if you need more proof. The car was 100% supercharged, no way to hide the sound of a roots type blower.

I believe you i dont take the shit as serious as 90% of these people on this forum... Yea if you run 11.8's depending on the package of the lingenfelter its probably around 600-700hp, so i can see it putting that many cars on you... Your car most def a freak... impressive i must say

slowtealz28

Established Member
All these runs were in the 11's.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS4Jxcnq5Og"]YouTube - ‪Dave runs 11s‬‏[/nomedia]

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Mods are as follows:

vararam intake
LS6 intake manifold
ported stock TB
Longtube headers w/orx
catback
dyno tuning
B&M ripper shifter
spec twin disc clutch

That is a good time for about 340-350rwhp and the 3.90 gearing helps out as well as they put you in mid 4th in the meat of powerband by the end of the 1/4. Excellent gear selection for growth contrary to the 4.10s as I've been told were too much if you decided to move towards the H/C route and would need 26" MTs or taller or otherwise you'd be banging the limiter by the end of the 1/4.

What was the DA and at which track did you run that time?

slowtealz28

Established Member
I go through the traps at 5800-6000rpm depending on the run. You can actually hear me hit the limiter in the second run in fourth. Those runs were at atco on a decent day. Prep was OK, not good. DA was good, -1000ft. It's still an eleven second car in normal DA. This was only my second time out with this setup. If I woulda cracked a low 1.6 60' I woulda gone 11.6x.

need it

Established Member
4 or 5 cars is getting beat up pretty good in my book..sounds like a 10 second car to me..so why the knock on his car he beat you up!!!!

slowtealz28

Established Member
4 or 5 cars getting beat up? I have an LS1 with bolt-ons, I dyno 331/343. His car is either an LS2 or LS3 with a blower. He should easily be over 500rwhp. He shoulda beat me a lot worse than that.

Users who are viewing this thread