Bolt on 95 GT has a couple runs :)

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Went to lunch with a co-worker earlier this week and he wanted me to drive his new to him GT. Its a 95 coupe with a 5speed and pretty much every bolt on you can do without actually going into the motor. Its got a Trickflow upper/lower intake, elbow, cai, TB, ud pulleys, shorty headers, o/r H, and dumped Mac mufflers as well as 3.73 gears and misc. other things. He has no idea how much power its putting down but it runs very well and is strong for 95 model. It has less than 90k miles FWIW.

Going down the highway to the local Chinese place and a bright red Fox rolls up next to us. It had the appearance of a 93 Cobra, but Im pretty sure it was a clone as the hood and wheels were aftermarket. He kept goosing the throttle and giving "the nod" wanting to try us out. I had no intention of running since it wasnt my car, but he said go for it and we did. I down shifted to second gear(not sure of the mph since his speedo is off)and held up 3 fingers. Counted them down(his horn doesent work either, so no honks)and went on 3. Since I was doing the counting it was inevitable that we got the jump and he never caught up. By the middle of fourth he was a good 2+ cars back so I assume it didnt have that much work done. We did pretty much the same race over again with the exact same result and then we had to get off at the exit. Not that amazing of a kill story I know, but it was fun and I rarely race on the street these days.

I kind of miss racing "slower" cars.....I have an LS1 and its by no means a monster but compared to this race it is definitely in another league. But I had just as much fun with his 250ish rwhp 5.0 as when I have encounters in my 380rwhp SS.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Good kill...and having fun is what we do it for anyway, right?

I raced some guy in a late '80's Fox convertible on my way home from work yesterday in my '98 GT and absolutely crushed him, but he caught back up after I slowed down and gave me a thumbs up and complemented my ride. I waved and did the same. All's well that ends well...

Users who are viewing this thread