Bolt-on 14' Coyote 5.0 vs. 01' Bullitt 2v

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Well my buddy just picked up a 14' Base Auto 5.0 a week or two ago. Within the week, he already added a C&L Intake and a Tune lol. My Bullitt is a stock shortblock 2v with mild blower cams, inter-cooled Vortech T-trim, with some weight reduction. We decided to get a few runs in on the way to World of Wheels in Mexico City, Mexico. Believe it or not this was my first time running a new 5.bro. Runs where from ~50mph and ended around 120mph. I did get the jump on the runs, especially the first one, but this was because I could barely hear honks over the BOV. I've had problems with this before, someone else is honking and I'm honking and we both don't hear the other's honks lol.

Run 1, quality was too horrible to upload to youtube/bad start
MOV_7475_zpse3c48e94.mp4 Video by bullitt3320 | Photobucket

Run 2
[youtube_browser]slPd1Y_e-ms[/youtube_browser]
(excuse awkward 2nd-3rd shift in the Bullitt)

Should be exhaust and custom tune on the 5.0 within the next few months, and the Bullitt might have a built shortblock and a 7675 setup not so long after that.

Last edited:

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
My mustang was the most fun when it was at your level. Made 487 rwhp with cams and stock shortblock on the T-Trim and always worked. After a full build it turned into a cursed SOB :) I will never do another big centri blower car again, your idea on going turbo is a great one :)

Great car, bet it's lots of fun :)

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
nice runs

your car sounds great
Thanks, it's LT's O/R X Magnapacks
My mustang was the most fun when it was at your level. Made 487 rwhp with cams and stock shortblock on the T-Trim and always worked. After a full build it turned into a cursed SOB :) I will never do another big centri blower car again, your idea on going turbo is a great one :)

Great car, bet it's lots of fun :)

It does alright for a 2v :rockon: and I hope mine doesn't become cursed, guessing belt slip issues?

kaz109

Established Member
Well my buddy just picked up a 14' Base Auto 5.0 a week or two ago. Within the week, he already added a C&L Intake and a Tune lol. My Bullitt is a stock shortblock 2v with mild blower cams, inter-cooled Vortech T-trim, with some weight reduction. We decided to get a few runs in on the way to World of Wheels in Mexico City, Mexico. Believe it or not this was my first time running a new 5.bro. Runs where from ~50mph and ended around 120mph. I did get the jump on the runs, especially the first one, but this was because I could barely hear honks over the BOV. I've had problems with this before, someone else is honking and I'm honking and we both don't hear the other's honks lol.

Run 1, quality was too horrible to upload to youtube/bad start
MOV_7475_zpse3c48e94.mp4 Video by bullitt3320 | Photobucket

Run 2
[youtube_browser]slPd1Y_e-ms[/youtube_browser]
(excuse awkward 2nd-3rd shift in the Bullitt)

Should be exhaust and custom tune on the 5.0 within the next few months, and the Bullitt might have a built shortblock and a 7675 setup not so long after that.

Cars looks like it runs stout and for sure got the jump. What do you run at the track?

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Thanks guys
Pulls hard! Need some engine bay shots.
Here's an old one, fuel systems return now and there's meth injection for a little safety.
20130608_121732_zpsa540083b.jpg

Cars looks like it runs stout and for sure got the jump. What do you run at the track?
Haven't took it to the track since adding boost, probably go sometime this year after I'm done my next setup.

Users who are viewing this thread