Bolt on 06 Z06 does 10.12 at 140

cscollis

Established Member
Ok so bolt on includes a 100 shot of nitrious. Not my car but on my Drag Radials.

I was at Pinks all out 2 weeks ago in Ennis to run my vette. The air was pretty bad so I only ran a 11.9 at 115 and did not get picked to run in the heads up racing. They chose 16 cars that ran 9.9 to 10.2 and if you ran faster than 9.9 you would get kicked for sand bagging.

Well a friend of mine had his bolt on 06 Z there. He has long tubes and intake and a beefed up rear end. He also had a hidden 100 shot where he hid the bottle under a blanket in the rear trunk net! He tried running on stock 345 tires but no luck. After he got chosen for the final 16 I lent him my 305 Nitto's. He got 1 more practice pass on the nitto's and with a 4000 clutch drop he bogged aittle then took off like he was shot out of a canon! They were not posting slips at the event but mailed the slips to them after the event. He ran a 10.12 at 140. You can see the run on Pinks Allout!

Well his first and only run in the final 16 was agressive (6k launch) and he really blew the tires off so he was done. This winter he will be running 9's with a bolton Z06.
Vortex, Shaner thotle body, xpipe, Yank SS3800, and 3:73 rear
MSD wires and tr6 plugs
TPIS Headers and Z06 Manifold installed
Cam and UD Pulley
228/232 590 lift - LPE Heads
DBA Drilled and Slotted Rotors
7.43 @ 93
11.63 @ 118.57
========================================

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I'm sure I would run that low with a 100 shot as well, but I guess a whipple doesn't make it a bolt on...I want one of these, but will have to wait a couple years before I can afford one...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Bullitt995 said:
100 shot is not bolt-on. If it is then my bolt-on 05 mustang GT runs 11's lol.

You could make an argument that juice is a bolt-on. It's damn near as easy as pulley change.

That is super fast for those simple mods

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I don't think anyone will argue that this car is the most amazing car out there right now...it takes minimum stuff to make the car go extremely fast, of course after you spend nearly 100k for it

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
You could make an argument that juice is a bolt-on. It's damn near as easy as pulley change.

That is super fast for those simple mods

If nitrous is a bolt on then what ISN'T a bolt on? Every mod requires some kind of bolting on.

Tman

Established Member
Damn, thats quick especially on Nittos. He must be a hella of a driver too.
When I tried nittos I could not hook at all period but mind you Im still working on a driver mod,hehe.
The C6 ZO6 is pure sex on wheels no argument there!:beer:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Bullitt995 said:
If nitrous is a bolt on then what ISN'T a bolt on? Every mod requires some kind of bolting on.

Very ture... I wouldnt include nitrous in the same sentance as bolt on's

Users who are viewing this thread