bogging problem between gears (not racing)

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Try replacing the fuel rail pressure sensor. It's inly a 40 dollar part. I had to replace mine because of some horrible bogging issues, now she's like new!!

That's the solution. Save yourself some $$ and go get the part.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Happy b day dude! And yea, change the oil.

Change it before it's fixed, then run a minute or so after it's fixed and change it again. That sensor dumping gas through the line has already killed at least one engine.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I didn't have any gas in the vacuum line. Fortunately, didn't blow the sensor up, it just quit working. I did smell gas in the oil so I got it changed as soon as the car was running again. Don't know what the deal is, but it seems there are quite a few probs with these things. Mine went at the track, right when I left the line, BOOOOOOGGGGG, no boost, check engine light immediately came on. Fortunately, troubleshot the problem on our wonderful forum here, diagnost it myself, had the code checked to be sure, and was fixed the next day!! Thanks to all here for all the help!!!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Sorry, it's in the trailer and the trailer ain't here. There are two different ones available, one is the new part and hopefully it'll solve the probs. I've got a good buddy working the parts counter here in town so I get most this info from him. Just tell your guy it's the fuel rail pressure sensor and he'll come up with two numbers. Get the newer one.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
WE HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM

well i8u had it right, i got gas that had diesel mixed in it. i couldn't believe that crap, the dealership was very helpful and is going to give me a sample and fix a few little problems while they have it in the shop, but they won't cover teh labor of changing plugs, draining and flushing the system out which is about 500 bucks. i called the owner of the station and hs already new about it because he put 35 gallons in his suburban and his friend also put some in his corvette. he said that the trucker must have got the lines mixed up when he ordered 2000 gallons of diesel and 1000 gallons of 93 octane. he told me to keep my reciepts and they would pay for everthing i am out of pocket. he is having the gas tested today. i'll know more tomorrow, but i will have my own sample to test if they try to screw me.
later
brandon

i8u

Established Member
Glad it is getting fixed!

You said it started right after you got gas. That was a big clue.

:beer:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i love my dealership

after bringing it in for diesel mixed with gas, i had them check out the rearend for leakage and they confirmed it, the best part is theat they are not just going to seal it back he said that the seal doesn't hold very good after being resealed and he is going to order me a whole new rearend and is going to try and see if he can put 4.10's in it for me. that would be awesome! i also thought about 3.90's do they make those for our car's.
the guy is so nice and was willing to do whatever he needed to do to get my car out by tomorrrow because i have a car show.
the dealership is audubohn ford in baton rouge.
later
brandon

Users who are viewing this thread