Bog killing ET in my 03 C!

racerage7

Established Member
Does anyone know how to get rid of that bog between shifts. I hate it! It is killing my ET and drives me nuts. The only way I can make it stop is to power shift the car. Speed shifting the car gives me 12.50s to 60s and power shifting gives me consistent 12.30s. My car has been doing this from day one. It is doing this in completely stock form. Thanks for any help.

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
i would imagine keeping it floored will keep it on boost.?

I have not taken my to the track yet.....it will just bounce off of the rev limiter i would imagine.

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
does your engine drop boost in between gears (as you let off on the gas)? Mine does..... similar to a turbo... i assume keeping it floored while shifting would solve it, but I have not been to the track yet.

Originally posted by fryingricecobra
I have never felt any bog between shifts when I am racing. If you shift at redline the next gear shouldn't bog since it will already be reved pretty high.

racerage7

Established Member
Yea boost drops between shifts. Thats normal on manual cars. Even automatics drop some boost between shifts. As soon as you take the load off the motor your boost is going to drop. But this is so bad of a bog that its like the engine is cuting off for a second. And Im not hiting the rev limiter. Ive done that before and it actually doesnt bog when that happens. I have two other supercharged vehicles and a turbo car that this doesnt happen to. Also I install and tune a lot off supercharged mustangs. I was just wondering if it had something to do just with the Cobra. Makes me wonder if its pulling out to much timing at the top of the RPMS and is a little fat also. My brothers bone stock 03 Cobra does not do this.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I know this may be a stupid question, but you have the traction control turned off right?

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
msp282,

Yeah it drops boost inbetween gears but when I am racing I guess I just shift fast enough that it doesn't have much time to drop to far. I don't powershift it. I shift normally, just alot faster when I am at the track. My best et is 11.84@117mph...

raptorman02

Established Member
I have never noticed any myself either. Hell I spin or chirp every gear thru the 1/4 mile and no bogging. Are you letting the clutch out before hitting the gas again?? these cars like to be spinning when you release the clutch, I am not a fan of powershifting so I don't mean the foot on the floor just still down enough to keep the boost up.

racerage7

Established Member
No question is stupid as long as it helps me get rid of this bog. And yes the traction control is off. When I powership I dont take my foot off the floor. Its nailed to the floor the whole pass. Ive tried just letting up a little but that doesnt help. I keep saying bog but it like a bad hesitation for a split second. I am having a bad problem with the belt dusting.So maybe it cant build boost as fast as it should when I just speed shift. Im going to try a new belt and a additional pulley like the one from LFP.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Actually, after your post I started to pay more attention to it, and I did notice the 'softer hit' when shifting if I let up all the way. I started leaving my foot in it a bit more, and noticed a difference. I'll be going to the track again soon, and will experiment if it makes enough of a difference.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I have the same problem and it seems better if I shift at 6k and keep almost floored. I had all the same thoughts as you - I just assumed it was the computer program dumping boost. I'd like to hear a technical answer to this one.

Dave

SVT 03 Cobra

if you touch the limiter, it will dump all your boost, and you will feel a bog effect, while the super charges builts boost again.... what rpm are you shifting at?

luvMy2003SVT

Established Member
I have this problem only when I don't time the gas and clutch realease right. I have the boost bypass unplugged and it only "bogs" if I don't hit the gas before I release the clutch. I am going to also try the partial gas on shift. Thanks for the thread, I thought it was just me.

trey193

Established Member
Gordon where do you shift your car 1-4, and also to achieve your 60's on F1's how hot are you getting them?? thanks Trey

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I think I'm experiencing this problem too. Do you get this hesitation when you go up to 6k and let off the gas very quickly. Usually the motor is supposed to decel on it's own.I could be wrong of course. It's a violent bog slash hesitation. Oh and my snake is bone stock with 600 on the clock.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Other than boost dump when powershifting past redline, no noticeable bog here...

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
You do know what double clutching is right? Classic remedy from 40+ years back. Try it and get back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread