Body Kit Questions

Trunkster

Whats up everyone, I just purchased a 2000 GT, it has a ProCharger P1SC and a few minor bolt on parts right now, but I am interested in upgrading to an 03 Cobra front bumper, hood and rear shaved bumper or a full Saleen Kit with a new hood, I just don't care much for the GT hood, currently it has the scoop of later GT's bolted on it.

I guess my question is, will the GT exhaust catback lineup with the 03 Cobra rear?

I've been looking at ABC exclusive and their Cobra hood and bumper are made to match.

Who makes quality kits, I see blue oval has some stuff as well as late model restoration.

For wheels I am thinking of going with some bronze 18x9 and 18x10 anniversary wheels from LMR.

I haven't washed the car yet but as soon as I can I'll post some pics.

Any advice on these cars I'd appreciate, I've only ever owned foxes.

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
If by cobra rear you just mean the bumper, I don't see why it wouldn't match up. I'm pretty sure the tips on both systems are in the same spot, so the bumper should line right up. As for parts you have mentioned, the sites you are looking at are good ones, I don't know too many places for visual besides americanmuscle and LMR. Get on those pics man!

Hellspeaker

Snake Bit'
Established Member
Don't flame the guy for wanting the cobra look... Good lord come on now, Cobras look amazing. That's why people do the swaps. It's all good unless he starts throwing badges on it....Then we can flame him. K?

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
If you're serious about getting an 03 cobra front bumper. Get the WHOLE bumper used. Even if it has some minor scratches. They nickel and dime the heck out of you once you add the price of the $100 chin spoiler you need to complete the bottom side, the fog lights, the pigtail wires to convert over to the stock gt fog light bulb wire plug, the fog light bezels, plus all the screws you have to track down for the fog light and chin spoiler. Just get a complete used 03 cobra bumper from classifieds with all that on it even if its like $400 because the other little crap is whats going to kill you on top of the price of painting it. Which you would have to do with primered one from ford anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread