Body Builders - Suppliment Question.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Hey Fellas. Before i start here is a little history followed by my question.

Around this time last year i got tired of being out of shape so i did the p90x program with much success. I lost a good amount of weight and felt better.

In the meantime i had gotten a new place to live and in the moving turmoil my job got very busy. So working out was out of the question until now. Although i do not have much time to work out, i don't want to get to the same point i was in last year.

With Summer just around the corner i was wanting to get cut up again but do not have the time to do it.

A friend who is a PT in a local gym handed me a jar with a few hundred gel caps of a supplement named Stanozolol (Winstrol-V). My buddy explained he doesn't use this stuff all the time due to it giving you liver problems with a long cycle. But recommended it if your out of the loop for a few months to get you back into shape and not harmful if you do a few week cycle.

yes i know it is a steroid.. and can cause harmful shit to your body if taken incorrectly.

So my question is .. what is the appropriate way to take something like this? What are the results and are they worth it?

I plan on working out about 1.5 hours a day give or take weights + cardio (cardio being Heavy bags, speed bags, biking and jump rope).

stangin99

Established Member
What do you consider weight training?

If you only used p90x I would not recommend taking any kind of advanced supplement.

[\logic]

Let SVTP illogical responses commence.

ZO Fast

All Gold Everything
Established Member
You should get back into a rhythm of exercising and eating right before you dive into any type of supplements let alone something like what your friend gave you.

01svtL

Established Member
Liver care of some kind and a natty test booster to get the boys back online when you are done with the Winny. Make sure you know what the correct dosage is, and then I would go a little under the recommended dose since it is your first time.

I know most will say you shouldn't use it since you don't know what you are doing, but it sounds like you are going to do what you want to do anyway.

ZO Fast

All Gold Everything
Established Member
I know most will say you shouldn't use it since you don't know what you are doing, but it sounds like you are going to do what you want to do anyway.

I'm pretty sure that is what's going to happen as well. I'm glad I grew out of that phase and developed some patience when it comes to this stuff.

boxinabag

Established Member
Well there are a few questions to ask here. Befgore I do, let me tell you my history, I have been training for about 8 years now, it is my addiction and I find time. I have a wife in the military, and a son, and work full time, you CAN find time! Before moving to the coast I started doing personal training on the side.

So if you get me the info I can probably get you back on track.

The first thing I need to know is how old are you? Anyone below the age of 40 really has no need for steroids, unless prescribed by a doctor for a specific reason. Your body will create enough testosterone on it's own. The same goes for "Testosterone boosters" like T-Bomb and what not, these will have horrible side effects when you stop taking them, much like ANY supplement.

What are your goals? Quick gain and cut, or strong lean muscle that will stay with you for a very long time? This is so important, people go to the gym and lift without a goal all the time, which leads to wasted time and gains and puts the body through a lot of strain.

I would highly suggest you stay away from those supplements. Stick to a basic Whey Protein and Casein Protein stack, and a healthy high fiber high protein high calorie diet. Calories are your friends, even more so when trying to cut!! They provide the energy necessary to achieve this cut.

Another suggestion is that you get away from those 1.5-2 hours workouts. You are wasting your time.

Lifting + cardio = your not trying hard enough

When you lift, you are attempting to cause damage your muscle and create growth in the crosshatch pattern. The crosshatch pattern is what most of your lean builders gain and most likely will not lose very quickly. The way to achieve this is to turn your lifting into a cardio workout, not two seperate workouts. Do 8-12 reps on most exercises and do circuits. Do not rest no more than 45-60 seconds between sets, and no more than 1.5-2 minutes between different lifts. You should complete a very exhausting workout within 45-60 minutes. Most importantly, tear it up! Do not give up! Get the extra two reps! AND DO NOT SLOW DOWN!

If you want to help cutting while lifting, also wear compression gear under your clothes (underarmor basically), this will force the body to push out that excessive water weight.

Do ONLY cardio days twice a week, one of those days being INTENSE cardio (sprinting, shuttle running, long jumps, hanging core exercises, etc.) and on the other day do a calming, stretching cardio day. Than lift like a mother f'er the rest of the week.

And eat like a mad man. This will get you gains and get you cut. Do not try to cheat yourself with creatine, roids, mass gainers, crap like that, because as soon as you stop taking it, you will lose those gains.

boxinabag

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that is what's going to happen as well. I'm glad I grew out of that phase and developed some patience when it comes to this stuff.

You will live to be healthy and strong, and your gains will stay, and it is all because of a little bit of patience. :beer:

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
You should get back into a rhythm of exercising and eating right before you dive into any type of supplements let alone something like what your friend gave you.

I exercise regularly doing cycling and running (usually 4 miles every morning). I was just wanting to get more cut and start to weight lift.

My diet is pretty good. I hardly drink anything with sugar if ever (usually just water or tea), I have a milk/banana/protein shake every morning for breakfast, some fruit for a morning snack, a nice sized sandwich for lunch, some more fruit for a mid day snack and then a normal dinner usually containing meat/veggies/carbs.

As for dosages .. he asked me to do 3 a day .. morning day and night both morning and night being 30 min before working out.

I really just want to know what the benefits are in taking these and if they are good how should i take them.

txyaloo

Established Member
Winny is a steroid. You need to have a decent idea of PCT because it will shut you down just like intramuscular test. It will make your joints hurt...a lot. You could see strength gains by taking it, but you really need to take it in conjunction with test injections.

ZO Fast

All Gold Everything
Established Member
My diet is pretty good. I hardly drink anything with sugar if ever (usually just water or tea), I have a milk/banana/protein shake every morning for breakfast, some fruit for a morning snack, a nice sized sandwich for lunch, some more fruit for a mid day snack and then a normal dinner usually containing meat/veggies/carbs.

As for dosages .. he asked me to do 3 a day .. morning day and night both morning and night being 30 min before working out.

I really just want to know what the benefits are in taking these and if they are good how should i take them.

I'd cut down on the tea and eat a little less fruit depending on what kind and how much you are eating. I'd swap the midday fruit snack with some form of nut (Almond/Pistachio/You get the point).

What is your height/weight/body fat?

boxinabag

Established Member
I exercise regularly doing cycling and running (usually 4 miles every morning). I was just wanting to get more cut and start to weight lift.

There are no benefits, because what you gain, you will lose when you stop taking them, and what you lose while taking them (your ability to create your OWN testosterone) you will VERY SLOWLY if at all gain back, which will lead to muscle loss and a loss of confidence.

Please get away from that stuff.

endless381

Established Member
You should stack winny with a test(maybe test P since there both cutting steroids)

If I was you I would just diet hard and keep doing P90X......

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Thanks guys. Looks like it is a lot more complicated than just popping these and just working out.

And boxinabag .. I understand where you are coming from. Is there something over the counter that would increase the stamina and muscle gain?

What type of work out regime would you recommend?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
I'd cut down on the tea and eat a little less fruit depending on what kind and how much you are eating. I'd swap the midday fruit snack with some form of nut (Almond/Pistachio/You get the point).

What is your height/weight/body fat?

I am 30 yrs old, 5'10, 180 lbs no clue on body fat.

zPipes

Established Member
Your going to need to do more than you think to run a proper cycle, you need to have on hand the proper post cycle supports also. Your going to need 'on cycle' liver support, blood pressure support, cortisol control, a few other things. A multivatimin as well, and grab some fish oil. For what I mentioned before though, check out something called 'Cycle Assist'

For PCT,(post cycle treatment) you will usually run the same support supps, but instead of your hormone replacements, your going to use hormone recovery supps. You should use a SERM, like clomid(clomiphene) or nolvadex(tamoxifen). A natural test booster is needed too. Also look into an AI(aromatase inhibitor)

Properly taken, steroids and prohormonals are not as bad as media and government portrays them to be.

Also a 'few weeks' is insufficient, you will want to run a regular 8-12 week cycle. Definately should either put them down or do some more research.

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
Your going to need to do more than you think to run a proper cycle, you need to have on hand the proper post cycle supports also. Your going to need 'on cycle' liver support, blood pressure support, cortisol control, a few other things. A multivatimin as well, and grab some fish oil. For what I mentioned before though, check out something called 'Cycle Assist'

For PCT,(post cycle treatment) you will usually run the same support supps, but instead of your hormone replacements, your going to use hormone recovery supps. You should use a SERM, like clomid(clomiphene) or nolvadex(tamoxifen). A natural test booster is needed too. Also look into an AI(aromatase inhibitor)

Properly taken, steroids and prohormonals are not as bad as media and government portrays them to be.

Also a 'few weeks' is insufficient, you will want to run a regular 8-12 week cycle. Definately should either put them down or do some more research.

Reps for this post! Pipes nailed it! You are waaaaay too novice to be supplementing with anything hormonal! Start doing research and head over to Anabolicminds.com! That is a very responsible educational site with lots of people that will treat you right and guide you in your endevours. Good luck.

boxinabag

Established Member
Thanks guys. Looks like it is a lot more complicated than just popping these and just working out.

And boxinabag .. I understand where you are coming from. Is there something over the counter that would increase the stamina and muscle gain?

What type of work out regime would you recommend?

Your best bet for increasing stamina is to eat right and drink plenty of water throughout the day. That right there will help you greatly. Other than that, you could use a multivitamin and some fish oil. The multivitamin will give you the essential nutrition you are looking for and will increase your overall attitude and stamina. Fish oil is just a wonderful thing, it can help you physically and mentally, it lubes those gears in your brain haha.

But honestly, if your looking for a quick post pump and stamina increase you can try some post N.O. supplements, they are expensive and after two weeks of using them you will build an immunity, I think they are a waste of money to be honest.

You can see gains with just Protein, Dieting, and proper lifting. At any age multivitamins and fish oil are just a good thing to have either way. Since your 30 your in the range where gains are going to come much more easily than say a 18-22 year old or a 23-28 year old. At about 40 most people start losing muscle and it requires a lot of extra work to keep it or continue to gain it, that is why it is so important to stay clear of those "gain size fast" products, because as soon as you stop taking them or reach that age, it will go away. Keep your diet healthy and do a good amount of hypertrophy with high intensity cardio (once a week with this, remember, lifting is supposed to be a workout, your meant to sweat), and even throw in some crossfit training if you want. Crossfit is a bit more challenging to do if you don't have the right type of gym (a lot of gymnastics involved), but it is even better than weight training.

You sound like your at a pretty healthy body weight for your age and height. I am only 5'8" and 160lbs, but I also have a 178% bench press (285lbs), and can run 1.5 miles in 8 minutes and 3 seconds. A lot of my lifts are a substantial amount more than my body weight and I can continue to lift that heavy weight continuously, which is what most people need to have in order to sustain a healthy life style where muscle is not lost easily.

So what I would suggest, nutritional wise, for now, is to diet properly, a multivitamin, fish oil, WHEY protein for now, and once you reach the level of cut and stamina you desire, start stacking with Casein Protein to start a new phase of bulking.

As for the lifting, your going to need to find your limits. I do not mean your heavy lift "I can bench 205" limits, but your "I can rep two 40lb dumbbells 12 with the last two reps being close to failure" limits. Your looking for a starting point. 12 reps is the ideal number with isolated workouts (dumbbells, preacher curls, etc.) and 6-8 reps is ideal for compound lifts (bench press, deadlift, leg press, squat, military press). Most compound lifts are your heavy lifts.

Start with a feeler set of EVERY workout (12-16 reps, light weight to warm up), than with those 12 rep sets, make sure the last two reps require a bit of umph to get them up, and than add a bit of weight, shoot for 10, add a bit of weight shoot for 8. Than do the same with your compound lifts, start at 8-10 reps, add weight, shoot for 6-8 reps, add weight, shoot for 5-6 reps.

Once you have each lift down, proper form, you understand your limits, than you can begin to start pushing your limits, try to get a few extra more reps in, and try doing circuits (1 set of this, than a set of that, than back to a set of this, than another set of that, and so on and so on).

Thats the basis of hypertrophy, high reps, high weight, push your limits, little rest, never stop, if you cant lift and need a longer break, go grab a pull up bar and start doing some hanging leg raises and get that core working. The more you rest, the less you work, the less you work the less you see.

Just remember, there is no easy way to gain muscle, but if you work hard and work right, your gains will start becoming more obvious and they will stay with you.

zPipes

Established Member
Very good forum to become a member of, the one suggested by boatcop. A bit unsettling tho, given his name.. lol. Make sure to read rules, and don't expect handouts, you will get help but you will also be expected to do some self research.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread