Bob's Axle Reservoir and Lowered Stance

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'll buy some better hose but I still have 9 feet of this stuff. anal leakage chimney is much taller now.

Tucker

I am open to suggestions Jay. This part can only install 1 way (via the UCA mount bolts). It sits in the space provided just as every other pic I have seen. But the tank contacts the bushing housing and the bolt notch doesn't line up with clearance in the support arm. I want this part to work, so please point me in the right direction so I can cure my Pony's anal leakage :)
Without seeing it in person it's hard to say, but I would call Steve (Bob's) and talk to the man himself.

Tucker

I tried to contact Steve, but he's in Dubai for a boat show.
His shop is running and they do have some techs there that may help you (813)247-7040

Either way were here for you what ever is the out come.

Now, it looks like you have an aftermarket upper arm, is that right?
Is it adjustable and did you set your pinion angle after lowering the car?

Just a thought
Jay

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
I tried to contact Steve, but he's in Dubai for a boat show.
His shop is running and they do have some techs there that may help you (813)247-7040

Either way were here for you what ever is the out come.

Now, it looks like you have an aftermarket upper arm, is that right?
Is it adjustable and did you set your pinion angle after lowering the car?

Just a thought
Jay

I do have a J&M Extreme Joint Adj UCA. Pinion angle has been set since 04/2012. I believe this is the main problem. I am confident the reservoir will work on a lowered car with a non-adj UCA; however on a car lowered > 1.50" using an adj UCA to bring the pinion angle back into spec - one will run into the clearance/alignment problems seen in the picture I have posted in post #1 of this thread.
<br>
<br>
Since I made the mistake of lowering the car back down on her tires to take that picture, the driver's side bracket has broke off at the weld on the reservoir tank. I appreciate your willingness to help Mr Tucker, but I have caused damage that is going to nullify any return or refund. I am not looking to smear you or anyone else for that matter. I should have double checked everything before lowering the car down off the jack stands. I am hoping that my experience will spare someone else the frustrations I have encountered due to my car's lowered stance. It is what it is at this point and that would be my fault. I do feel that a disclaimer should be added to the part's description regarding cars equipped with adjustable UCA's. I appreciate your time and input regarding this matter Mr Tucker. This in no way is your fault - JLT is still top notch in my book :) :beer:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
I do have a J&M Extreme Joint Adj UCA. Pinion angle has been set since 04/2012. I believe this is the main problem. I am confident the reservoir will work on a lowered car with a non-adj UCA; however on a car lowered > 1.50" using an adj UCA to bring the pinion angle back into spec - one will run into the clearance/alignment problems seen in the picture I have posted in post #1 of this thread.
<br>
<br>
Since I made the mistake of lowering the car back down on her tires to take that picture, the driver's side bracket has broke off at the weld on the reservoir tank. I appreciate your willingness to help Mr Tucker, but I have caused damage that is going to nullify any return or refund. I am not looking to smear you or anyone else for that matter. I should have double checked everything before lowering the car down off the jack stands. I am hoping that my experience will spare someone else the frustrations I have encountered due to my car's lowered stance. It is what it is at this point and that would be my fault. I do feel that a disclaimer should be added to the part's description regarding cars equipped with adjustable UCA's. I appreciate your time and input regarding this matter Mr Tucker. This in no way is your fault - JLT is still top notch in my book :) :beer:

This may be the most articulate post i've ever read made by someone from Arkansas.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
<br>
<br>

Sorry for my slow response to this, I got a message from Jay about it. As mentioned here I'm out of country ATM.

Send the unit directly back to Bob's, 4314 Raleigh St, Tampa FL 33619. ATTN : Steve

I will make you a new bracket and move that recess back further to clear for your adjustable UCA, at no cost. Jay and I both enjoy mustangs, and racing them (in short we love the mustang community!) We always take care of our customers! :beer:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Sorry for my slow response to this, I got a message from Jay about it. As mentioned here I'm out of country ATM.

Send the unit directly back to Bob's, 4314 Raleigh St, Tampa FL 33619. ATTN : Steve

I will make you a new bracket and move that recess back further to clear for your adjustable UCA, at no cost. Jay and I both enjoy mustangs, and racing them (in short we love the mustang community!) We always take care of our customers! :beer:

Thank you so much. Sending the package off today. I am blown away by this act of generosity :)

RFM50

Established Member
Ok sorry to drag up a month old thread but I just discovered yesterday, that I am leaking oil from my vent as well. Op did you get the kit back with the new brackets? How did it work out? I'm on steeda ultra lights and my car is fairly low as well and would probably request the same brackets as well if they worked for you.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Ok sorry to drag up a month old thread but I just discovered yesterday, that I am leaking oil from my vent as well. Op did you get the kit back with the new brackets? How did it work out? I'm on steeda ultra lights and my car is fairly low as well and would probably request the same brackets as well if they worked for you.

I almost bought this kit but ended up going with Alex's breather mod ($25 worth of parts from both a hardware and auto parts stores). 3 reasons... cheaper, this thread revealing fitment issues and I didn't want to mess with the uca bolts again.

Users who are viewing this thread