Boat Speaker Question

zachcrosen

Established Member
I have a 2000 Chris Craft 190 Bowrider. I have already replaced the crap Clarion HU with a Kenwood one. I have also replaced the 2 Clarion 6.5s with new Kenwood ones. It only has 2 speakers and they are underneath the bench seat in the back and about 6" off the floor of the boat. When you get a lot of people and gear in the boat, you can't hear them very well.

So, I have thought about where to mount my other 2 that I bought. One thought was just to the right of the driver by the throttle and on the opposite side as well. The problem there is I am not sure if there is enough room due to the mounting depth of the speakers.

So, I have another thought on where to put them. I have thought about drilling a hole in the fiberglass area where you walk thru the folding window to get to the bow seating. My thought is to put one on each side of this walk thru. They would stick out about an inch on each side. They would also fire right toward each other but it would get sound toward the middle and front of the boat.

What are the thoughts from other boat enthusiasts about mounting 6.5 speakers in this area? Below is an idea of where I am thinking.

18S_BowStorage_12_zps64b788b4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread