Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Built Lightning

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • neither...save yo money, Foo!

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

UVa SVT

Established Member
SO I have a little money burning it's way thru my pocket. what would you guys think. a SKi boat, such as a fairly new Rinker, VIP, yamaha, etc, or a built L with all the goodies (er, as many goodies as I can get up til about 9500 bucks)

:bored:

-Mike

P.S. what do yall think as far as a 9500 budget. will that be enough to get me all the goodies I want?

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Red03SVT said:
SO I have a little money burning it's way thru my pocket. what would you guys think. a SKi boat, such as a fairly new Rinker, VIP, yamaha, etc, or a built L with all the goodies (er, as many goodies as I can get up til about 9500 bucks)

:bored:

-Mike

P.S. what do yall think as far as a 9500 budget. will that be enough to get me all the goodies I want?

What are you sitting with now (mods) and what are your plans/usage for the truck?

$9500 can disappear QUICK when you start looking at built motors and collateral mods.

Herb

UVa SVT

Established Member
I only have a 4lb, diablo chip, filter, ds loop, and traction bars (but they're lakewoods...I think an upgrade might be in order)...

I'd like the truck to be decently driveable... I use it every day to get to class

-Mike

P.S. yea... I've done alot of pricing/research/etc.... 9500 can go QUICK on an L, and QUICK on a boat. they're both horrible horrible money pits.

P.S.S I figure if I'm gonna go for a built block I oughta do it before my fairly new 03 motor goes out. that way I can get a heafty core return. :rolling:

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Well lets see, Girls in the Lightning= fully clothed. Girls on a Ski-Boat= half naked in bikini's. Chicks dig Lightnings to, but they LOVE going out on a boat laying in the sun and tubing. I would say SKI-BOAT!!! Your Lightning has a few goodies on it now, and you can add to it a little at a time when you get the extra $$$. A Lightning pulling a BAD @ZZ SKI BOAT = FUN IN THE SUN WITH CHICKS IN BIKINI'S!! :beer: :pepper:

camcojb

Established Member
I used to have V-drives, a runnerbottom and a hydro several years ago. Had a blast but I was young and single. Took them out every chance I had. After getting married and having kids I bought a 98 Ski Sanger in 1998. We now have less than 50 hours on the boat in 7 years. We didn't use it at all last year and only once the year before.

What I'm saying is it depends on if you'll take the time to use it. A boat is a lot of fun, but if you have a busy lifestyle like me it is a waste.

Jody

UVa SVT

Established Member
Cscott and LightningMedic: I like the way you guys think. lol

and jdubya: so true :(

Jody: That's an interesting perspective, esp. coming from someone with a boat and a built L. I'd assume you're pretty busy being married w/ kiddos.

my concern is that no matter what I do I'll have fun...for a while. I can see myself after a while wishing that I just had a semi-normal truck... and I can also see myself being frustrated that winter lasts so long, if I got a boat. he he

ohhh, the decisions!

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
pics from 2005 poker run at my local lake, I love the lake/boats!! :thumbsup:

0114.jpg

0106.jpg

fatwake2000

Established Member
those boats are not gonna be in the budget.

as for the question. i would say boat all the way. i love mine and it is worth the cost. as for it being a money pit, i would say that is not true. as long as you get a decent one and take care of it you are ok. i bought a 1999 malibu in 2002 and it is still runs like new, but i you have to take great care of it. the other nice thing is with a boat as long as you buy used you can normally sell them off and not take two much of a hit. at least with wakeboard/ski boats. last if you are looking to get a boat for water sports like ski, wakeboarding, or even just tubing; i would recommend you stay away from the jet boats like the yahmaha and look for something with a big old v-8 for towing power.

UVa SVT

Established Member
9500 isn't my budget for a boat... it's just what I can see myself paying for my truck.

I can't see myself spending more than 10 grand on my truck... lol... that's getting into SRT-10 (aka waste of space) territory :eek:

-Mike

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
CscottsSS said:

At first I was like... "Duh, what response do you think you're gonna get here!?!?!" But with supporting arguments like this. I'd have to say BOAT!!
:bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread