bmw z-8 ?

BULL

Established Member
anyone here ever race one.....a friend has one and says he'll smoke me.......we have a race set for next weekend. just looking to get some insight on what to expect.......im bone stock right now.

should i put him off till i get my cai and catback installed..

i just would hate to lose...lol

NewGuy

I think I remember reading the specs on these and it seems 0-60 was in the 4.5 second range and the 1/4 mile was in the high twelves. I'd race him and even if he does beat you, I don't think it would be by much. Then ask him "How much did you pay for that car?"
because it seems to me that they list for over $100,000. You could do a whole lotta mods with that difference in cost!
;-)

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I've seen two of them around town here in scottsdale az.

very pretty cars. they don't want to race me though for some reason... just a ford I guess.

BULL

Established Member
yea i think he payed like 123,000 for it............and he's such a cocky bitch when it comes to this car....

to him, my cobra is "just a ford".......and laughs at the thought that i think my ford can beat his 120,000 beemer.

but i cant lose i just cant..................i NEED to win !!!!!!!!!!

*feeling like a 16yr old*...........lmaooooooo

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
If I were you to be safe....get your inline straight CAI(no in fender models) from one of the companys that make them and put a Lightning Pulley 2.93 on there along with your catback. Just to be on the safe side. Even if you dont do the exhaust. You can take him with the pulley and CAI. I think it will be too close for comfort with the stock pulley on there. Not gospel...just my opinion.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Orange Poison

Established Member
If he thinks his car is so bad and that your car is just a Ford....then why doesn't he go race a Porsche Twin Turbo or Lambo or Viper even. He'll get his ass handed to him.....and then what will he think of his $123,000 purchase then....

Fricken BMW's......cocky bastids.

Brad

Banned
I raced one! I pulled up to one at a light, the driver said, "I got a 4 banger in here," a failed attempt to impress to say the least. I knew he was game from the start, so I said, "lets run," he responded by saying, "ill go easy on you." I had no trouble pulling it up to 100, put about 3-4 cars on it while short shifting. The guy had no clue really how to drive the thing, but I wasnt impressed with it. Another guy about 3 houses down from me has one, it is a beautiful car, no question there.

Last edited:

SVT 03 Cobra

for 123,000 minus 35,000.... hmmm 88,000 for mods.... yea I think with that much left over for mods you could run 7's!!!

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
If I were you to be safe....get your inline straight CAI(no in fender models) from one of the companys that make them and put a Lightning Pulley 2.93 on there along with your catback. Just to be on the safe side. Even if you dont do the exhaust. You can take him with the pulley and CAI. I think it will be too close for comfort with the stock pulley on there. Not gospel...just my opinion.
I agree with Harry. Get your mods done and you'll smoke his punk ass.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Car and Driver, the women that they are, post a 4.6 0-60 and a 110 MPH 13.0 sec 1/4 mile....

However, THEY ran faster in the Cobra...

Good luck...

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Stock for stock, it will really just be a matter of who drives better. I would do CAI and Exhaust first just to be safe :)

Keep us posted either way.

Last edited:

svt-tmleader

Established Member
As much as I love the cobra, if I had the money, I would have one of those in a heartbeat. Something about that car just does it for me.

Orange Poison

Established Member
But for some reason if I could afford a $123,000 car.....it wouldn't be that James Bond car.....it would be the Porsche TT

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Put him off until you get you CAI, X, CB, pulley and chip installed =>)

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Drivers equal!

You should be neck and neck all the way up until both of your 155 speed limiters kick in!

Get him off the line and you have him beat.

By the way Z8's rock! Hand built by Germany's finest. Sweet regardless of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread