BMW what? 2 Mustangs enter Grand Am race and win 1-2!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Pretty cool stuff, its the first time Mustangs have ever won a grand am race. In their debut, the 'off the shelf' Ford Grand Am FRPP car shows it stuff, even with a hood flying off one of them! So much for the Porsche 996 and M3 dominating yet again this year :beer: And thats with the 5.0 Cammer that most likely has less power and torque then the street SVT will and a live axle. :coolman:

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=3626

Daytona-3.jpg

Last edited:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Cool stuff, but still one hell of an ugly car. I mean look at the white one, it's got Downs. Nice accomplishment Ford. :)

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
They will air it march 5th on Speed. It wasn't on TV yet, it was today. Look at the list of cars, 996, M3, Z4, etc. And they are all race prepped too. FRPP is going to offer all the suspension parts for sale.

EVLSVT

Banned
I ahve digital cable (comcast) with ALL of the channels, regular cable and non--- what channel is speed on? or what network...

oldmodman

Established Member
Just wait. Any car that wins 1-2 on it's first time out is going to get hit with a weight "adjustment" or some kind or restrictor plate to "even" things out.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
oldmodman said:
Just wait. Any car that wins 1-2 on it's first time out is going to get hit with a weight "adjustment" or some kind or restrictor plate to "even" things out.

That'l be funny, weigh down the heaviest car on the course. There were other ones out there. I wonder if they will let the next SVT in to play, probably will have too much balls for M3's or 996's though, even at a fraction of the price of its competitors. That car was made by the factory to match the allowed specs.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
o boy this is going to be good year of racing. i was waiting for those stangs to come and kick some ass finally. it's going to be sweet...

Users who are viewing this thread