bmw vs 03 cobra

2quik4gm

Banned
just went to lunch in my daily driver 740i beamer
when out of now where i see this black vert cobra pulling up beside me so i rev the motor for shits and giggles and then the light turns green i flow it and take off Then i hear all hell breaking lose behind me and as he flys by me like im standing stilli hear the roar of the exhaust the spinning of the tires and then it happens i see the tail lights
Man that was so worth it i love the new cobras
I didnt get to talk to this guy afterwards as he made the next light and i didnt But i found out who he was and ill prolly see him on cruise night as he just got the car last friday

maybe hell race me in my 99 cobra vert

whats a stock 03 vert good for in the quatermile :beer:

alexs93lx

Established Member
honestly after looking at these posts I think your kinda full of sh*t...but if you say so whatever

2quik4gm

Banned
So I beat a Viper and im a liar
I get beat by a Cobra in my bmw and im still a liar
I got an idea alex when you learn more about cars and how they really work then post your replys until then be very very quiet

GoatDaddy

I'm sensing a lot of hostility here.

Side note: I've noticed that on the internet almost everyone is 6'8', 300 lbs, and has 12 black belts in Mah-Jongg...and they will verbally kick your ass w/o hesitation.

JFC, what's the point?

BTW, Happy 4th, y'all.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 2quik4gm
just went to lunch in my daily driver 740i beamer
when out of now where i see this black vert cobra pulling up beside me so i rev the motor for shits and giggles and then the light turns green i flow it and take off Then i hear all hell breaking lose behind me and as he flys by me like im standing stilli hear the roar of the exhaust the spinning of the tires and then it happens i see the tail lights
Man that was so worth it i love the new cobras
I didnt get to talk to this guy afterwards as he made the next light and i didnt But i found out who he was and ill prolly see him on cruise night as he just got the car last friday

maybe hell race me in my 99 cobra vert

whats a stock 03 vert good for in the quatermile :beer:

2quick4gm... 740i nice...they are pretty fast cars & very luxo.

Nice Death :beer:

As for the Vert they are maybe 2 or 3tenths off the coupe but it really depends on the driver.

JDM Jim's got his Vert into the high10's fully laden. 4090lbs with driver.
As for me im still learning on how to freaking launch this car. High 12's for me. :nonono:

Venomous03

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
As for me im still learning on how to freaking launch this car. High 12's for me. :nonono:

Might be a little easier if you werent on 18's. :-D:idea: I have a hard enough time launching on 17's with my stock 03. I can't imagine how it must be with a modded car running on 18's. Even throwing drag radials on an 18 inch size just doesn't give enough sidewall give. But hey, 18 inch rims look bad ass. I had some saleen chromies in an 18 inch size on my 03 GT, but then again I didn't have traction.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous03
Might be a little easier if you werent on 18's. :-D:idea: I have a hard enough time launching on 17's with my stock 03. I can't imagine how it must be with a modded car running on 18's. Even throwing drag radials on an 18 inch size just doesn't give enough sidewall give. But hey, 18 inch rims look bad ass. I had some saleen chromies in an 18 inch size on my 03 GT, but then again I didn't have traction.

Actually on the F1's & stock rims it was much harder for me. Due to the wheel hop issue i dont have any with the AFS ones.

I can now just floor it on first with out any worries.

Just got to pratice getting into the 60' better.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
> Even throwing drag radials on an 18 inch size just doesn't give enough sidewall give.

Interestingly, the new 18" BFG g-force drag radials work remarkably well. I put them on my S-class and it launches without wheelhop even when I brake torque. People have been using them on big-HP Vipers as well with great results.

I wouldn't recommend them for a daily-driver street tire -- they hydroplane in an eyeblink, and the treadwear rating is '00' :D -- but for a weekend 18" radial they may fix your traction / hop issues.

Twisty

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
I'm sensing a lot of hostility here.

Side note: I've noticed that on the internet almost everyone is 6'8', 300 lbs, and has 12 black belts in Mah-Jongg...and they will verbally kick your ass w/o hesitation.

JFC, what's the point?

BTW, Happy 4th, y'all.

Well on the internet I'm only 4'2" and I can shoot fire from my ass! But in really life all I know is if I can't beat you up I can most likely out run you on foot. And if you decide to chase me in your car I'm not afraid to smash my POS in to your car. But anyway nice death.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by Twisty
Well on the internet I'm only 4'2" and I can shoot fire from my ass! But in really life all I know is if I can't beat you up I can most likely out run you on foot. And if you decide to chase me in your car I'm not afraid to smash my POS in to your car. But anyway nice death.

In real life you could probably beat me up. Please don't.
And if you saw my car, you'd run before the rust got ya.

Twisty

Established Member
I haven't been on this site long but does your Yugo really have what is in your sig? Don't worry I won't shoot any fire at you.

GoatDaddy

The Yugo has a 427 with dual 850 Holleys, a pair of KKK turbos out of a Porsche 959, 150 NOS wet system, tubbed rear w/ cheater slicks, 3 speed Lenco, and that cool neon stuff that makes the ground blue. One of the doors is primer gray, too.

Users who are viewing this thread