Bmw M6

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
the mags (road & track & car & driver) say the new BMW M6 traps 121mph, is this really true or was there a mis print. I don't under stand how it could trap 121 when the M5 is trapping 114-115 and they weight almost the same...what the heck is going on?

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
The M6 also has a 7speed transmission. I love those cars. A local friend bought one and it taking it to the track on 7/15. I can't wait!

REPCobra10

Established Member
I don't like to magazine race, but I did see the magazine where it did say it trapped 121 mph. The M6 is about 250 lbs less than the M5 is and the M6 does have better aerodynamics as well, as FordSVTFan said. However, I'm not going to believe that those two factors give it a bump of 5+ mph in its trap speed over the M5 until I actually see some times in the real world at various tracks. I know it is a very, very fast car, but I just have a hard time believing a ~3,900 lb car with only 383 lb-ft of torque can run that strong. I know it has 507 bhp, but you need more than just brute horsepower to get ~3,900 lbs rolling that hard to a 121 mph trap speed. Nonetheless, the M6 is a very beautiful car, as I saw one for the first time on the beach yesterday. I would sure love to test drive one and find out if those magazine figures are correct. Anyways, all, take it easy.

Last edited:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
it was on spike last week with the pres of bmw usa driving one, it has a damn button on the steering wheel that adds roughly 100 more rwhp. I guess it switches over to a more agressive tune :shrug: thats one badass car, but i'll never afford one.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
it was on spike last week with the pres of bmw usa driving one, it has a damn button on the steering wheel that adds roughly 100 more rwhp. I guess it switches over to a more agressive tune :shrug: thats one badass car, but i'll never afford one.

yea the "M" button or some shit. kinda retarded IMO why would you not want the 500 hp at all times? :poke: :shrug:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
JiggaStyles09 said:
yea the "M" button or some shit. kinda retarded IMO why would you not want the 500 hp at all times? :poke: :shrug:

it is 500+ all the time, then 600+ at the push of a button. this is for those who cant tell the difference between eaton and whipple.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
ya, the car has 400hp normally, when the M button is depressed it changes the tune to 500hp. the 7 speed sequential gearbox also has 11 different settings. there are 5 diff automatic settings and 6 manual settings. the car also has a F1 style launch control, where it will accelerate at maximum velocity until until you hit the brake pedal.

they are very very nice cars, would love to own one someday.

Nick85

Banned
JiggaStyles09 said:

mmm I don't know, sitting in traffic, driving the speed limit, saving some gas...to name a few.

Didn't know they came that stupid still.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
:shrug: guess i misunderstood the explaination on the show. i thought the m6 had the same hp/tq as the m5(which i could have sworn was 5xx hp), this is where i got my 600 from. pwned myself in the end, i guess. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread