BMW M3 Video

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
Felt like sharing a video I came across.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLApqoaAfO4"]YouTube- HPF Stage 3 M3 vs Zo6 and Ford GT //Mfest Desert run 09[/ame]

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
e46 HPF M3's are in the top 5 of my dream cars. That HPF kit costs more than the car

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
just because i'm tired of wondering...what does all this "stage" sh!t mean??? I'm tired of seeing all these SRT4's, civic's, beamers, etc etc etc that say "stage 3" and thats it. I always considered it a ricer term, but they obviously have some sort of meaning. Anyone care to explain???

oh yeah, fast M3. Never was a beamer guy though.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
just because i'm tired of wondering...what does all this "stage" sh!t mean??? I'm tired of seeing all these SRT4's, civic's, beamers, etc etc etc that say "stage 3" and thats it. I always considered it a ricer term, but they obviously have some sort of meaning. Anyone care to explain???

oh yeah, fast M3. Never was a beamer guy though.

I too am curious.

My brother-in-law has a mazdaspeed 3 and says its a stage 2. I think stage 1 is all the bolt-ons, stage 2 is ???, and stage 3 is everything plus a bigger turbo?

check out the HPF website, it explains the way they do the stages...
HorsepowerFreaks E46 M3 Turbo Kits for your BMW M3 from HorsepowerFreaks

cobraman302

Established Member
Not exactly positive but Im sure it changes with each car. For example on the 00-02 Audi S4's a stage one is adding a ecu upgrade, stage two is ecu and full exhaust, stage 3 is bigger turbo swap on top of that, stage 3+ is bigger turbos and fuel upgrades. Each car type is different I am sure.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
so the "stages are different for every car then? I can't see stage 2 being meth injection on a srt4 or a civic.

From HPF for the M3, stage 1 is turbo/fuel. 2 is meth. 2.5 is built motor. 3 is bigger turbo and supporting mods.

is that the basics of how "stages" work?

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Not exactly positive but Im sure it changes with each car. For example on the 00-02 Audi S4's a stage one is adding a ecu upgrade, stage two is ecu and full exhaust, stage 3 is bigger turbo swap on top of that, stage 3+ is bigger turbos and fuel upgrades. Each car type is different I am sure.

didn't see your post...i see now what you mean, though

sorry for the interruptions!! :wf:

RcodeStang

Established Member
Yes they're all different. Like stage 1 is injectors and a tune on SRT4s and stage 2 adds a new waste gate. Subaru "cobb stage 2" is an exhaust and a tune. Basically its ricer speak for bolt ons + tune unless you're talking about HPF M3s :)

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
HPF probably makes a turbo kit with different stages of aggressiveness and power, each one probably costing a bit more than the next and making more power.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
HPF probably makes a turbo kit with different stages of aggressiveness and power, each one probably costing a bit more than the next and making more power.

I would think so too. The simpliest way to explain it would be like the Steig. port. Stage 1 port-Stage 5+.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
so the "stages are different for every car then? I can't see stage 2 being meth injection on a srt4 or a civic.

From HPF for the M3, stage 1 is turbo/fuel. 2 is meth. 2.5 is built motor. 3 is bigger turbo and supporting mods.

is that the basics of how "stages" work?

Srt4

stg1 pcm & only injectors for the 03 as the 04-05 had 577cc factory
stg2 pcm, 3bar map & tip sensors, wg, 682cc injectors, toys bezel with intercooler sprayers, dial a boost & HOM
stg3 has pcm, different fuel rail & pump assembly, same stg2 injectors & sensors, bigger turbo assembly & toy bezel as stg2

you also have stg 3 4 5 from AGP and other vendors with their own manifold & turbos for the srt4.

most stg3 car always have bigger turbo upgrades as stg1 & 2's are fuel and more boost on a stocker.

tincan

Established Member
I always considered it a ricer term
:bored:

anyhow, doesnt roush have a few vehicles in stages.

like the mustang was stage 1: body kit, stage 2: body and suspension, stage 3: body suspension and performance mods. the supercharger right?

the roush f-150 was also like this ?

Users who are viewing this thread