Bmw M3 e92 VS Mercedes C63 AMG (Fifth Gear)

SVTBMG

Banned
Searched but said no matches before I posted.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=f_YCd5tqK9g"]YouTube - Bmw M3 e92 VS Mercedes C63 AMG (Fifth Gear)[/ame]

BowTiesSuck

Bagel Taste Tester
Established Member
cool car, but for me, i think if i'm going to drop tons of money, i kinda like mercedes a little more... thats just me i guess...

(i realize that the mercedes arent the performance monsters that some bmws are)

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
M3 for me please. For the money, you simply just can't beat it. Plus how can you turn down a race inspired V8 that revs to nearly 9k. If I wanted the best luxary car, i'd opt for the Benz.

GTO30272

Established Member
cool car, but for me, i think if i'm going to drop tons of money, i kinda like mercedes a little more... thats just me i guess...

(i realize that the mercedes arent the performance monsters that some bmws are)

Performance monsters referring to BMW's :lol:
Not to mention that Mercedes makes higher performance vehicles than BMW does so I have no idea as to where your information is coming from, but I guess I should have known better since this is coming from someone named "BowTiesSuck". It doesn't really matter because I wouldn't buy either one. Nice cars, just not for me. :beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
GTO: if you need someone killed let me know, all I want in return is your vette

fangstang

Established Member
Performance monsters referring to BMW's :lol:
Not to mention that Mercedes makes higher performance vehicles than BMW does so I have no idea as to where your information is coming from, but I guess I should have known better since this is coming from someone named "BowTiesSuck". It doesn't really matter because I wouldn't buy either one. Nice cars, just not for me. :beer:

Mercedes and performance dont mix. They are straight line cars with big motors that make a lot of hp, thats it. They are very heavy cars. When it comes to total performance, nothing in that segment beats the BMW's. they can accelerate just as fast, stop just as good if not better then, and DEFINATELY corner better then a benz. They have great steering feel too.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Mercedes and performance don't mix? You ever here of Formula 1? Ever hear of German touring car that mercedes dominate and the use F1 technology. Or how about the AMG GTR 200+mph supercar they introduced in late 90's or the Mclaren Mercedes? Or the motors that power the rediculous Pagani Zonda? If Mercedes wanted to they could summon AMG and Mclaren and build you a road car you couldn't believe, but that's not really their style. Maybe one day.

fangstang

Established Member
Mercedes and performance don't mix? You ever here of Formula 1? Ever hear of German touring car that mercedes dominate and the use F1 technology. Or how about the AMG GTR 200+mph supercar they introduced in late 90's or the Mclaren Mercedes? Or the motors that power the rediculous Pagani Zonda? If Mercedes wanted to they could summon AMG and Mclaren and build you a road car you couldn't believe, but that's not really their style. Maybe one day.

We're talking about production street cars, not race cars.

play23

Needs a Lift
Established Member
In recent years it just seems like the Merc is more about the flash/luxury than precision handling. BMW smacks it out of the park.:rockon:

GTO30272

Established Member
Mercedes and performance dont mix. They are straight line cars with big motors that make a lot of hp, thats it. They are very heavy cars. When it comes to total performance, nothing in that segment beats the BMW's. they can accelerate just as fast, stop just as good if not better then, and DEFINATELY corner better then a benz. They have great steering feel too.

I am FAR from a Mercedes fan, but to say Mercedes and performance don't mix is just ignorant. Mercedes has a LARGE presence in the performance world. As far as production cars, where does the SLR fit into your equation? I already know you are about to tell me the price, but it is an example to show you that Mercedes can and does build performance vehicles. As far as the rest of your statements, you can't possibly believe that the M3/M5/M6 accelerate like the 65 series. Not to mention, the 55 series and the potential it has. BMW's just do not have any type of REAL acceleration potential. I personally know people that have ran 12.0X-12.2X on a bone-stock E55. Let me know when you find a BMW to do that. Turning a Mercedes into a 10 sec car is not that difficult. Turning a BMW into a 10 sec car? I don't think an '01+ car has done it yet. As far your argument of "total performance". Well, MY statements were reffering to on the "streets" not the "track" and acceleration is about the only thing that matters as you just are not going to push a capable car to its limits on the street. So if you are now talking about the "track", well then a BMW or Mercedes would be WAY down on my list of cars I would want as they ALL suck, with maybe the exception of the SLR, but that wouldn't be my track car either. I will never understand why the "M" owners think their cars are more than they are. They are NOTHING on the streets, and if you tell me, well they do more than just accelerate, unless you track it, then that is pointless. If you DO take it to the track, then you should have picked a better car. :beer:

01whtss

Established Member

come drive our s65 and then say that again!!! AMG FTW!!!!! I do love BMW though, my first car was an M3. AMG just goes above and beyond what BMW does.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
We're talking about production street cars, not race cars.

i said road car. not once did i say a race car. The SLR is just one example but being an automatic and luxurious as it is, my point is thats just not Mercedes' style.

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
I am FAR from a Mercedes fan, but to say Mercedes and performance don't mix is just ignorant. Mercedes has a LARGE presence in the performance world. As far as production cars, where does the SLR fit into your equation? I already know you are about to tell me the price, but it is an example to show you that Mercedes can and does build performance vehicles. As far as the rest of your statements, you can't possibly believe that the M3/M5/M6 accelerate like the 65 series. Not to mention, the 55 series and the potential it has. BMW's just do not have any type of REAL acceleration potential. I personally know people that have ran 12.0X-12.2X on a bone-stock E55. Let me know when you find a BMW to do that. Turning a Mercedes into a 10 sec car is not that difficult. Turning a BMW into a 10 sec car? I don't think an '01+ car has done it yet. As far your argument of "total performance". Well, MY statements were reffering to on the "streets" not the "track" and acceleration is about the only thing that matters as you just are not going to push a capable car to its limits on the street. So if you are now talking about the "track", well then a BMW or Mercedes would be WAY down on my list of cars I would want as they ALL suck, with maybe the exception of the SLR, but that wouldn't be my track car either. I will never understand why the "M" owners think their cars are more than they are. They are NOTHING on the streets, and if you tell me, well they do more than just accelerate, unless you track it, then that is pointless. If you DO take it to the track, then you should have picked a better car. :beer:

First of all, the SLR to me, aint shit. I never liked that car. A 5 speed auto in that car was a waste of time(I know MB put it in there because it was the only tranny they had that would last under the power output). Second, you do realize there is more to a performance car then straight line acceleration? I mean you do drive a ZO6. And so do I. E55's to me are just straight line cars. They handle like crap. I've driven my friends many, many times and it sucks when it comes to turning.It always feels so heavy in the turns. Compared to an M5 they fall flat on their face after 100 mph, and falls way behind on any track. I know the M cars are not "track" cars, but they definitely are a better all around performance car. No doubt. I prefer my cars all motor anyway. I dont care for turbos or superchargers, never have. I dont care for the 55's or the 65's. Thats just how I feel. Obviously others feel differently, and others will agree.

Users who are viewing this thread