BMW I3

B0B

Established Member
My wife and I leased two BMW I3’s. As a car guy I could never see myself driving one of these electric cars until I drove hers. All previous notions about electrics vehicles dissolved after five minutes behind the wheel. I liked driving it so much I decided to get one too. These little things are a blast to drive!

Total cost to lease plus insurance is less than what we were previously spending on fuel.

IMG_1727.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

B0B

Established Member
We are BMW employees. Both $0 down. mine is 143 a month and hers is 111 a month. I have a 2 year 10k mile per year and hers is a 2 year 12k mile per year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Never_Enough

Established Member
We are BMW employees. Both $0 down. mine is 143 a month and hers is 111 a month. I have a 2 year 10k mile per year and hers is a 2 year 12k mile per year.

Nice. Must be employee pricing. ;)

verbal

Established Member
I drove one a couple years ago as a loaner from BMW service. I would not classify it as fun to drive but it was a nice car. It was a fun experience as that was the first all electric car I had driven before. It was pretty great to drive it around all day and not have to put gas in it.

That lease rate is awesome. Do you get pricing like that on other BMWs? I get supplier pricing which is good but nowhere near that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
THAT LEASE RATE WTF

I'd drive one of those shits for $100/mo.....

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

That's what I am saying! **** that is incredible! Found this article(below), sheds a little light on the deal for regular non-employees...in a nutshell you are probably going to be contacting quite a few dealers before you find one willing to play ball.

Hyperdrive - Bloomberg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My fiancee used to work for BMW, a lot of the employees jumped on the leases for those because they could charge them at work.

$100/month and free "gas"

No brainer.

B0B

Established Member
There was a state sales tax exemption on them up until 2018 model year. The original quote on mine was $84 per month before we figured out the I3 no longer qualifies. Still at $143 per month it’s basically a free $51k car.

If only I could get a deal like this on any BMW... I would love to daily drive an M2

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
There was a state sales tax exemption on them up until 2018 model year. The original quote on mine was $84 per month before we figured out the I3 no longer qualifies. Still at $143 per month it’s basically a free $51k car.

If only I could get a deal like this on any BMW... I would love to daily drive an M2

Ok, I’ll agree with you on the M2.

96 cobra

Established Member
What kind of rate would a non-employee get on one with the range extender gas engine option?
It would make a kickass NYC/jobsite vehicle for the price.

coachL

Established Member
BMW worst service and worst car i ever owned 750LI , My 2007 Mustang GT better car with 150,000 miles . I traded that BMW on a 392 Charger with more options than my BMW 750. Still drive the the GT every day.

Users who are viewing this thread