BMW 335 slaughters GT500

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I was there too. Nice runs!!! How fast were you trapping?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Dale has a 135i, that's not his car.

Man I want me some RB Turbo's, the Vargas also sound great and supposebly make more power. If mine ever go out (knock on wood doesnt happen anytime soon), im getting some. Thats of course if I still keep the car.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
thanks for the vids. Terry burger has been at it for a long time now . I remember him working on F bodies 15 years before. Nice guy and knows his stuff. Super impressed .
Upgraded turbos or not. The N54 is bad ass

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
How much do those turbos cost? Seem to really wake the car up on the top end.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
About 3-4k Not sure about now but when they were still new, you would really only see gains with race gas or meth. They didnt make a big difference on pump vs stock one's, the Vargas turbo's were making more power on pump.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I can't recall. they were really reasonable because they are rebuilds of the current housing. The thing that sucks is all our internals are forged, except the pistons! i would upgrade the pistons before I went that route.

That web site has a full discussion on the firced indution section. Some pretty smart cats on that site. i switch through programs/tunes on the fly from the steering wheel. I also download updates and some of the other driver's parameters who have similar mods via the web and USB to the JB4's motherboard.

I can delete codes and change when I want the cooling fans to come on in just a few minutes. I love their tunes, for what the 135/335s are they make luxury fun.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I can't recall. they were really reasonable because they are rebuilds of the current housing. The thing that sucks is all our internals are forged, except the pistons! i would upgrade the pistons before I went that route.
That has been proven to be false. I thought it was true until someone pointed me out. I dont have the threads though, gotta google again. Even for not being forged, these motors are VERY strong. I believe only the crank is forged.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
About 3-4k Not sure about now but when they were still new, you would really only see gains with race gas or meth. They didnt make a big difference on pump vs stock one's, the Vargas turbo's were making more power on pump.

I seen some recent articles where the vargas are topping out a 450, some issues when they go over that. I am slowly getting back into Terry's site. We exchanged some e-mails today as a matter of fact.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That has been proven to be false. I thought it was true until someone pointed me out. I dont have the threads though, gotta google again. Even for not being forged, these motors are VERY strong. I believe only the crank is forged.
What is false? The pistons are not forged but the rest of the internals are? Did you miss the pistons part in my post? Ahh just the crank? Hmm, I will ask Rob again. he has been through a couple rebuilds.

Regardless I would not throw 550 hp at the stock pistons.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
What is false? The pistons are not forged but the rest of the internals are? Did you miss the pistons part in my post?
No I got that part. He is a member here and has worked on the N54 engines. I remember him saying only the crankshaft is forged, the rods are also cast not forged.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No I got that part. He is a member here and has worked on the N54 engines. I remember him saying only the crankshaft is forged, the rods are also cast not forged.
OK, I hate to waste Rob or Terry's time over a question like this. But Rob just got my e-mail. Standing by.

Silversnake13

Established Member
I take it you do not enjoy performance enthusiasts? Some cars a lot nicer than the Cobra getting run away from too. Sorry it bores you so.

i ran into a twin turbo 335i and spanked it like a red headed step child....

germeezy1

Established Member
That is a confidence builder on the HP.

here is a bit of builder drama. Terry makes some good points. I bet Tony is under a lot of stress. Maybe bit off more than he can chew?Vargas - N54tech.com | BMW N54 N55 135 335 535 Turbo Performance Forum

I have been hearing some of this stuff pop up, and it is sad because he truly moved the N54 world forward with his HPFP work. A friend moved from a Whippled Cobra to an E90 335i, and has been impressed by how much speed the cars gain with minimal mods. He recently ran 11.9@120 with this E90 335i with down pipes, JB4, full exhaust, pump + meth, and Alpina TCU tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread