Bmr springs

Myusername

Established Member
anyone running bmr handling springs on the street? Can't decide between handling or regular lowering springs.
car is a dd that will never see a track. Currently drive with all shocks on full stiff wanted a little better handling. What you guys think
Thanks

noldevin

Established Member
I run them in my GT with Koni Yellows. They are quite a bit stiffer, you'll definitely feel it on bumpy roads, but it isn't terrible like cheap coilovers would be. I'm not sure how the boss shocks will hold up, but the koni's did an OK job with the handling springs up until I got 285/35 RE11s put on front and back. Now I have to crank them up near full stiff to avoid a lot of turn-in lag and the ride is pretty harsh.

One upside is since the springs are stiffer, I don't have the bottoming out issue that a lot of other lowering springs do.

burke985

Established Member
anyone running bmr handling springs on the street? Can't decide between handling or regular lowering springs.
car is a dd that will never see a track. Currently drive with all shocks on full stiff wanted a little better handling. What you guys think
Thanks

That was my debacle, I decided to get the street series my advice if you don't track it get the street series. One idea is you could buy the street series for everyday driving which would give you an increase in handling in the front since the stock boss springs are 148 lb/in up front and the street series BMR are 160 lb/in, and buy just the rear BMR Handling springs if you track it and swap out just the rear. Stock boss springs are 185 lb/in in the rear and BMR rear handling springs are 200 lb/in. So would still be an increase all around.

noldevin

Established Member
That was my debacle, I decided to get the street series my advice if you don't track it get the street series. One idea is you could buy the street series for everyday driving which would give you an increase in handling in the front since the stock boss springs are 148 lb/in up front and the street series BMR are 160 lb/in, and buy just the rear BMR Handling springs if you track it and swap out just the rear. Stock boss springs are 185 lb/in in the rear and BMR rear handling springs are 200 lb/in. So would still be an increase all around.

This is actually a good idea either way, since you would keep the boss' rear bias on stiffness (this has to do with sway bars and balancing the staggered tire setup)

Users who are viewing this thread