BMR Relocation Brackets, does that look right ?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys, I just got the BMR Relocation brackets and Roush Lower control arms installed in a shop. I did give him printed install instructions.

Does that look right ? My car has the Stage 3 suspension from Roush, and it has a 1" drop in the front and 1.25" drop in the back I believe (Roush guys correct me if I'm wrong).

2a9azc9.jpg

Let me know guys, I will be taking it back to him to fix this. From the pics I've seen I think it should be aligned in the middle hole. He told me that would raise my car's rear and that's the setting I should choose. Just need to confirm.

Man is my luck bad ! :fm:

Abdulla

Jedisalami

Established Member
you need weight on the axle to see if the lowers are parallel to the ground. Put a jack under the rear and push it till it just wants to lift the car, if theyre not parallel put them in a diff hole

01bluesnake

Established Member
It looks like he installed the arm in the stock hole which is suppose to get used as a mounting hole for the relo kit, Instead of the correct lower 3 holes. Probably wouldn't be going back to that shop. Also did they give you the hardware BMR includes for the brackets?

Last edited:

CPRsm

There is a bolt and gold spacer that should go where you arm is now. Arm on a lowered car usually goes in the second from bottom hole. Should be level or slightly pointing up in the front. On the ground how you have it now, the front of the arm is going to be pointed in the dirt.

dg98gt

Established Member
definitely 100% wrong. There should have been a nut, bolt, and spacer where the current rear of the control arm is bolted now like someone else already pointed out. Then the rear lower control arm should be bolted in the middle of the 3 lower holes.

-Derrick

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Just like I suspected. I'm going back to that dumb**** to make this right.

Thanks guys

djniknala

Established Member
Ask the mechanic to explain what he thinks relocation brackets do for the lower control arms. I'd be interested to hear his response. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casper gt

Established Member
wow that pic is scary.

didn't the dumbass read the directions?

good thing you caught it though, I can see those getting ripped right off.

grnenvy

Established Member
Where he has the control arm bolted up is a mounting point for strength. A tube spacer and bolt belongs there. The 3 lower holes are for the control arm which is for adjustibilty to your liking. I have my car set one from the bottom.

WOW the installer must be old school. The old 5.0 ride hight would have been changed set like that because the spring sat on the lower control arm. Our new cars have a perch on top of the rear axle that dictates the ride height.

Thats a really nice combo u should have no NVH.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I'm glad it made you guys lol :D

BTW, does it have to be welded, or is that not necessary ?

87hatchy

Established Member
Not to get too much off topic, but OP, why don't you just do this yourself? This is a VERY simple install. Not sure why you took it somewhere in the first place...

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I'm not physically able to so that's why I took it.

Should I take the weights off ? And should I have him weld it ?

Users who are viewing this thread