BMR lowering spring package

99arboC

Established Member
Anyone purchase this kit? What do you like about it or not like? Who else sells a package like this with everything for lowering your car? Seems most other packages don't include panhard bar and relo brackets. I know I would need to get some struts and shocks down the road.

2005 - 2014 Mustang GT | Lowering Spring Packages | LSP001 - Lowering Spring Package, Coupe | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

I am looking to improve handling and get rid of some of that fender gap. Will be doing some drag racing and some road courses

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You will want to add BMR adjustable upper control arm, upper mount, and lower control arms to that order.

Also know that the strut mounts included in that package are for the 2005-2010 style struts, not the 2011+ style that is on your car. Therefore, it's best to add the 2005-2010 Strange single adjustable struts and shocks.

Do it right all at once.

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
I bought that kit as well as the lower control arms and couldn't be happier. It gave me a nice drop, and with the koni shocks, a much more controlled but never harsh ride. I did it all at once and it immediately felt like a different car. I didn't take any before measurements, but I do feel like the kit dropped the car more than the advertised amount.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have the same products on our red car and it runs / drives great. The stance is perfect with it.

Let me know if your interested and I can set you up with a package discount.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I agree on the UCA, UCA mount, and LCA's...Add a nice set of shocks and struts, and for another $90 bucks, get the Panhard support bar. The stock one is garbage. I couldn't be happier with my set-up.
If you get the package, make sure you read up on installing the LCA Relo Brackets. The passenger side requires more attention than just bolting it on.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
BMR says the redesigned LCA relo brackets no longer require welding.

I was referring to the fact that when installing the passenger side bracket, special care has to be taken to torque it down in its rear most position. There is a tiny amount of play due to the axle weight hole variance from car to car which allows the bracket to be installed a little off on some cars....When I installed mine, I knew about the issue and decided just to bolt mine up and check the rear measurement using the procedure Kelly recommended on another thread...It was off almost .5" on the passenger side, which seems to be in line with results others guys are getting.

I then unbolted everything and torqued the passenger side bracket as far back as I could (which is simple, and takes no additional effort IMO) and measured again...Almost dead on from left to right. I plan on throwing it on the rack soon to check out the rear thrust angle just to be sure.

The last I heard, the revised brackets are not out yet, but if they are, my apologies.

I applaud Kelly and BMR for recognizing the issue and taking steps to make it right. :beer:

U CAN'T C ME

Established Member
You will want to add BMR adjustable upper control arm, upper mount, and lower control arms to that order.

Also know that the strut mounts included in that package are for the 2005-2010 style struts, not the 2011+ style that is on your car. Therefore, it's best to add the 2005-2010 Strange single adjustable struts and shocks.

Do it right all at once.

Im doing all of the kit plus all you have listed but front and rear shocks can't wait should be done this week.

99arboC

Established Member
Thanks for the replies and info.
So I guess I'll save up some more to everything at once. Upper and lower control arms panhard bar brace and strut and shocks.

01GTB

Established Member
I already ordered Koni yellows and will be using BMR stuff. If you buy the LSP001 kit can they substitute the correct strut mount for the 8741-1549Sport (11-14 cars) or did I make a huge mistake here ordering these struts?

We have the same products on our red car and it runs / drives great. The stance is perfect with it.

Let me know if your interested and I can set you up with a package discount.

Sounds good :)

Last edited:

Dave_6

Established Member
I already ordered Koni yellows and will be using BMR stuff. If you buy the LSP001 kit can they substitute the correct strut mount for the 8741-1549Sport (11-14 cars) or did I make a huge mistake here ordering these struts?

That's the same part # struts I have and they fit only the 11-14 cars so the GT500 mounts will not work (they are only for using 05-10 struts on the 11+ cars). You will have to reuse the stock mounts or get the Maximum Motorsports or Steeda mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread