BMR LCA Relocation Bracket Install Question

Waxxon

Established Member
Working through installing a set of these on ramps. Everything is going relatively smoothly with one exception, I can't get the hole on the relo brackets used for installing the factory axle weights to line up.

Is this bolt really necessary? I know BMR includes a replacement for those who don't have the factory weights.

SCalla1384

Established Member
If it isn't lined up then it's most likely not aligned correct. Mine did that on the driver side too.

Have to support by frame, so the rear end hangs and move whatever side you need around. May have to loosen all the bolts for the relocation brackets/LCA on both sides too.

Waxxon

Established Member
If it isn't lined up then it's most likely not aligned correct. Mine did that on the driver side too.

Have to support by frame, so the rear end hangs and move whatever side you need around. May have to loosen all the bolts for the relocation brackets/LCA on both sides too.

Thanks. The other holes didn't quite line up at first either (looks like the axle shifted a few mm), however I used a tie-down strap between the front subframe and rear axle to nudge things into place. This last bolt is being stubborn though.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah, I think Kelly told me it helps to loosen the passenger side too.

I made the mistake too. Just don't torque anything till all the bolts are in.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Working through installing a set of these on ramps. Everything is going relatively smoothly with one exception, I can't get the hole on the relo brackets used for installing the factory axle weights to line up.

Is this bolt really necessary? I know BMR includes a replacement for those who don't have the factory weights.

I came across the same problem when installing mine, on the passenger side though. For some reason, the relo bracket didn't want to sit flush enough to put the bolt through when installing. A little coercing with a rubber mallet quickly squared things up.

Waxxon

Established Member
I came across the same problem when installing mine, on the passenger side though. For some reason, the relo bracket didn't want to sit flush enough to put the bolt through when installing. A little coercing with a rubber mallet quickly squared things up.

Thanks for the tip; my issue is on the passenger side as well. Should have specified.

Users who are viewing this thread