BMR K Member

Bud

Established Member
I'm running their kmember and arms. Get a bit of NVH from the stiffer motor mounts when the car idles down too low, but normally I didn't notice anything bad about it for the small amount of miles I have on my car. 30lbs off the front end with the kmember and arms. Once the motor is back in my car you can take it for a spin to get a firsthand feel for the vibration/noise (very minimal and if tune is spot on shouldn't feel it) so you can decide.

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
And.... I have heard about NVH, what is it exactly?

That is one thing that is very important to me. I don't want clunks, rattles and extra noise. If that's going to happen by changing out some of these parts, I'll keep the stock stuff.

I want to go through the entire front end and rear end and replace anything I can with lighter, better parts.

theFNG

Established Member
Does anyone know how a tubular k-member would affect a cars safety in a crash? Is the stock k-member designed to crumple or absorb energy? My car is a daily driver and I wouldn't want to reduce the cars safety, but I do like the idea of dropping weight from the front of the car.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
The BMR Piece is very stout...I would not worry about it in a crash if it were me!
I had one on my 2006 ROUSH and it was excellent, can't imagine it being much different on these new cars!

There is one in my cars future sometime in teh next year or so as well!

theFNG

Established Member
If the stock k-member is designed to crumple and you install a tubular k-member, the energy that would have been absorbed by crumpling would now be transmitted elsewhere in the car, possibly reducing the crash safety of the vehicle in high energy crashes. I'd like to know if the k-member functions in absorbing energy in a crash.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
If the stock k-member is designed to crumple and you install a tubular k-member, the energy that would have been absorbed by crumpling would now be transmitted elsewhere in the car, possibly reducing the crash safety of the vehicle in high energy crashes. I'd like to know if the k-member functions in absorbing energy in a crash.

Be a good driver and you won't have any problems with crash safety? :shrug:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
In all honesty.... If your'e concerned about crash safety, crumple zones and the like, I don't think a K member is the thing for you. It's not designed for that. It's designed to be lightweight, strong and to get 20 or 30 extra lbs off the front of the car.

Bud

Established Member
In all honesty.... If your'e concerned about crash safety, crumple zones and the like, I don't think a K member is the thing for you. It's not designed for that. It's designed to be lightweight, strong and to get 20 or 30 extra lbs off the front of the car.

^^^This, BMR doesn't have the resources to crash test a bunch of mustangs like Ford can so you can't realistically set that expectation on their parts.

That is why I wrap myself in bubble wrap everytime I get in the car now...safety first.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
BMR v Stock
(From my 2006 3v 4.6 GT)

EngineSusp13.gif

theFNG

Established Member

I guess not... My question is if anyone knew if it the stock k-member is designed to crumple on impact. The question wasn't posed to be inflammatory, but informative for me as I wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread