BMR K-member with spacers for reduced vibration

txturbogs

Established Member
I just recieved a BMR Kmember for my 2010. It is the item that allows for 1/2" drop. I know that I will get increased vibration, just how much I do not know. Since the vehicle is primarely a street driven vehicle, I am somewhat worried about extra cabin noise. A mechanic suggested a set of spacers, though he did not tell me what brand or who sold them. Anyone heard of such thing? Thanks:banana:

skyhighsd

Established Member
To be honest, I dont see that helping. If you are going to pick up any noise it is going to be from the control arms and not the mounting points of the k member. That is the only thing different between the factory and BMR's set up.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
The original K member is bolted to the chassis. The BMR mounts the same way. Unless you are going with thier race A arms for the front you wont notice any sound difference

breoland

Established Member
What was the reason for buying the k member? does it drop the motor a 1/2 in? if I am not mistaken, i called on this and they said it drops a gt 1/2 in but leaves the gt500 in the same place

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What was the reason for buying the k member? does it drop the motor a 1/2 in? if I am not mistaken, i called on this and they said it drops a gt 1/2 in but leaves the gt500 in the same place

From Lethal's website:

BMR 07-09 Shelby GT500 Tubular K-member

NOTE: The BMR K-Member uses it's own Poly motor mounts on this K-member. Because of that there's no compression of the mount which doesn't allow the GT500 motor to sit in the factory position/height. It actually causes the motor to sit a tad higher. If you require the motor to stay in the stock position we recommend you use part number KM011 which will actually lower the motor up to 1/2"

OP: Anytime you go to poly bushings, you will increase NVH and only you can determine what you can live with. Stiffer mounts/bushings are a trade off between NVH and performance. NVH goes up but so does performance with poly mounts/bushings. Factory bushings suck for performance because they are like marshmellows...but they absorb NVH making for a quite ride. Adding spacers will not help...I'd consider a new mechanic if he suggested that...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread