BMR Diff Bushing..Need help on removal install.

athlon551

Established Member
I bought BMR EN001 - Differential Bushing Kit...I finally got the UCA and Bracket out...what a PITA :bash:...

Now I am looking at the bushings in the Diff and do not have any clue on how to get them out or the new ones in.

I was hoping there was instructions in the box or on the web site. No such luck on either.....I did a couple of searchs...no luck.

Need help! ASAP

Thanks In advance....

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Does the bushing have a shell (i.e. outer metal shell)? If not, you're going to have to burn out the rubber bushing with a small torch. If it has an outer shell, you're going to have to press it out the housing. I'm sure you only have the bushing, so light up a torch. One of the small propane cylinders should work.

brian70068

Established Member
take a drill bit and go around the out side of the rubber and drill through making little pilot holes. You will be able to knock the center out once you go all the way around the bushing. then use a punch and hit the remaining out side medal peice bending it in and then knock it out.

athlon551

Established Member
I just left an answer and some pictures on GT500.com.

Steve

Thanks for the response....Damn I should of researched this a bit more.....Got too excited when Van had the sale.......Now I have to decide to get the tool or return the bushing.....Did the poly bushing make a big difference or did you do a bunch of suspension at once....

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd avoid a poly bushing at that juncture. You'll get an increase in NVH and the bushing won't be anywhere as durable (whether you grease it or not) as the original...

Users who are viewing this thread