bluetooth stereo headphones?

txyaloo

Established Member
Those or any other stereo bluetooth headphones should work with the Q since it has the A2DP bluetooth profile. Using any type of bluetooth device with it will absoutely kill your battery time though. Also, if you got it from Verizon, it might not work. They disable most of the bluetooth profiles on their phones. I'm not sure if they do it on the smartphones though.

taintedme

Established Member
i didn't think about the battery time. i know the q is notorious for being the "premature ejaculator" of battery time. guess i'm gonna have to suck it up, and get an ipod and deal with wires.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
ive got a chocolate and a2dp but i havnt been able to find any wireless headphones that will play music either, i was hoping thats what my gf could get me for x-mas, they have the technology but no-one produces the headphones yet...

jimmy77

Established Member
I've had my Q for about 6 months...love it. Don't mess around, buy the big battery from the get go.

I've got wireless headphones for my Q...Motorola HT820's. These headphones are rechargeable and sound pretty good. You can answer the phone while the music is playing(it will interupt and resume the music when the call ends) and adjust volume/change songs with buttons on the headphones. The phones are sold at Verizonwireless stores but, can be had on ebay for 50-60 bucks.....A slingbox also works great on the Q. I recommend putting ALL new software on the SDmini chip versus the internal hard drive. I've got a 1 gig installed in mine. Good luck.

P.s. You've got around a 30 ft. radius(In bluetooth mode) for the headphones. Also, the headphones come with a cord to hook directly up to the phones. This comes in handy when you have the phone in "FLIGHT MODE" (The mode you're phone needs to be in during airplane flights) Flight mode allows you to listen to you're tunes while disabling the stuff that could interfere with the aircraft's avionics.....coool.

Last edited:

taintedme

Established Member
great info, man. i think i'll go with those.

jimmy77 said:
I've had my Q for about 6 months...love it. Don't mess around, buy the big battery from the get go.

I've got wireless headphones for my Q...Motorola HT820's. These headphones are rechargeable and sound pretty good. You can answer the phone while the music is playing(it will interupt and resume the music when the call ends) and adjust volume/change songs with buttons on the headphones. The phones are sold at Verizonwireless stores but, can be had on ebay for 50-60 bucks.....A slingbox also works great on the Q. I recommend putting ALL new software on the SDmini chip versus the internal hard drive. I've got a 1 gig installed in mine. Good luck.

P.s. You've got around a 30 ft. radius(In bluetooth mode) for the headphones. Also, the headphones come with a cord to hook directly up to the phones. This comes in handy when you have the phone in "FLIGHT MODE" (The mode you're phone needs to be in during airplane flights) Flight mode allows you to listen to you're tunes while disabling the stuff that could interfere with the aircraft's avionics.....coool.

Users who are viewing this thread