Blue Smoke After Dyno

ibleedblue65

Established Member
He did decel in gear om every single pull which is typically a no no. Especially on a blown car

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
So it's safe to say he hasn't enthusiastically fixed and upgraded his engine. Op claims he's upstanding and will report back on findings then ghosts out.

This is 99.9% a warranty or insurance claim under less than honest circumstances

Edit: Seriously, op? ;)

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You never know, sometimes you put it in the corner while you plan the rebuild and life doesn't always allow that overnight. Hope it's coming back stronger.
-J

Softballer77

Established Member
Hey all. Sorry...life has been busy. Transferred for work from California to Colorado while moving my family here, had a baby, etc. I've still been driving the Shelby almost daily though (not for long with these winters here i'm sure). Someone sent me a link to this forum for lithium battery options as mine is finally going with the colder temps, and thought i'd log in and see what's up.

She has almost 50k miles on her now. Haven't seen a hint of smoke since and I drive her just as spirited as always. Was strange. Did do a leak down, but had nothing below 97%. Did hear the air coming out the throttle body when it was accomplished when i did hear anything. I did borescope the cylinders. Piston tops looked a little charry, but nothing i wouldn't expect from 50k miles. She still pulls like a monster, so I haven't given it another thought.

Only other maint she has had was the outer axle bearings went out (they were moser, but they sent me a new set for free). Had to have those replaced. If I posted before, the 31 splined wavetrac gave way at the track and a 33 splined went in with upgraded axles, 9" ends, etc. Then the new bearings went out. That was back in maybe May? Been fine since. Drove her from California to Colorado once we realized 3 different tow trucks couldn't get it on the bed without damaging her. So i said heck with it and enjoyed driving it. 100mph on average, 22.1 mpg with 3.90s in the back. Couldn't have been happier.

And btw, the ST Trim Spec Clutch that Van sold me after his recommendation has been nothing less than marvelous. Still going strong and around 20k miles or more?

Cheers.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Hey all. Sorry...life has been busy. Transferred for work from California to Colorado while moving my family here, had a baby, etc. I've still been driving the Shelby almost daily though (not for long with these winters here i'm sure). Someone sent me a link to this forum for lithium battery options as mine is finally going with the colder temps, and thought i'd log in and see what's up.

She has almost 50k miles on her now. Haven't seen a hint of smoke since and I drive her just as spirited as always. Was strange. Did do a leak down, but had nothing below 97%. Did hear the air coming out the throttle body when it was accomplished when i did hear anything. I did borescope the cylinders. Piston tops looked a little charry, but nothing i wouldn't expect from 50k miles. She still pulls like a monster, so I haven't given it another thought.

Only other maint she has had was the outer axle bearings went out (they were moser, but they sent me a new set for free). Had to have those replaced. If I posted before, the 31 splined wavetrac gave way at the track and a 33 splined went in with upgraded axles, 9" ends, etc. Then the new bearings went out. That was back in maybe May? Been fine since. Drove her from California to Colorado once we realized 3 different tow trucks couldn't get it on the bed without damaging her. So i said heck with it and enjoyed driving it. 100mph on average, 22.1 mpg with 3.90s in the back. Couldn't have been happier.

And btw, the ST Trim Spec Clutch that Van sold me after his recommendation has been nothing less than marvelous. Still going strong and around 20k miles or more?

Cheers.

So transferring with work, moving your family, and having a baby yet you couldn't update all of us on whether your engine was okay? Those are some mixed-up priorities...;)

Seriously though, it's great to hear that your engine is fine and that you've successfully gotten your family out here. Sounds like an epic roadtrip! I only managed 19mpg from VA averaging about 90 bone stock but lots of traffic in areas, so 22 is astounding and goes to show the effects of a tune, gears, and no traffic!

Cost of living isn't so bad down in Pueblo like it is here in Denver. Hope you're enjoying it so far!

Shoot Norton a PM and he'll fill you in on the car events along the Front Range.

Sorry to let ya down on that .1% ;)

Planning one last trip to the drags before the Pueblo strip shuts down for the winter!

So all I had to do to get you to update the thread was accuse you of fraud? PM sent on the rest...:D

Users who are viewing this thread