Blue Oval Performance or Fast Specialties

Qwk GT

Established Member
Has anyone used either of these shops.

Now that the RET thing is not happening, and with all of the questionable reviews about locals, I've been thinking of doing a remote tune.

But haven't really heard much about these 2 places. Wondering if anyone's used them.

Parts are finally coming in on my build and I'm looking for additional tuning options. Either that or remote tuning or driving a ridiculuous amount.

T800

Established Member
I know nothing about either of those.

I plan on doing a remote with Eric Brooks, have heard nothing BUT good about the man and his work.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i used to do a lot of business with FS, but they have been silent for a long time. i don't even know if they are in business anymore.

T800

Established Member
Yea Eric seems really good or Don Lasota. Or you can do what I did, get SCT PRP and do it yourself.

Hey Alex...what did your software cost you? You're definitley the man for tuning that beast on your own.

I am well above average when it comes to hardware/software and intergrating the two...but tuning my own rig has a risk factor I am not sure I am ready to take on.

PM me when you get a chance, I am really interested in talking to you about it. And thanks again for the BAP!

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Hey Alex...what did your software cost you? You're definitley the man for tuning that beast on your own.

I am well above average when it comes to hardware/software and intergrating the two...but tuning my own rig has a risk factor I am not sure I am ready to take on.

PM me when you get a chance, I am really interested in talking to you about it. And thanks again for the BAP!

Yea buddy, really it isn't that hard. It is pretty intimidating, but I bought a few books and talked a bunch to the very tune savvy dudes on the site, (Malcom, forcefedcobra, Skaard, 04sleeper). Love being able to make 10 changes whenever I want. There is still so much I don't know, but I have a 03 E85 Cobra that purrs like a kitten and pulls like a freight train! Seems ok to me.

www.lasotaracing.com got the book and the CD. Great stuff! Plus, you get Don! Send an email on Sunday, get a reply on Sunday!

Last edited:

Qwk GT

Established Member
Thanks for the replies.

I emailed both of them. I'm thinking I'll go down for a baseline, maybe talk with the tuner and see how I feel.

Not really confident on tuning my own ride. When I was into pushrod 5.0's, I looked into that tweecer system and there was so much I read and I still wasn't sure if I wanted to try. So I never did.

Guess I have to decide who I'm baselining with.

If I'm not getting a good vibe, guess its remote tuning or driving far.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the best option may be to remote tune with a reputable tuner. Amazon, Lund, AED ect...

Users who are viewing this thread