Blue Oval Heat Exchanger Stencil Question

MineralStang

Established Member
Hello everyone, this is a question about Heat Exchanger stencils in general. Does anyone know of a company that makes stencils you can use to put a logo on the front of a H/E? I've seen the usual like COBRA or SVT, but I'm looking for one like on the H&R springs 2010 SEMA car that is the Ford Oval.

HR_2010_Mustan.jpg

If you can find someone who makes a stencil, you can just paint it onto the heat exchanger correct? Or does it have to be done by another process? Thanks for the help!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
the stencil tapes onto the h/e ... you then paint over the stencil, when you remove it your word or logo remains ... i dont belive LFP makes what you are looking for, but pretty much all the other stencils ppl get from them, GL with your search

MineralStang

Established Member
Thanks. I've googled "blue oval stencil" and "ford oval stencil" and there are no results that are applicable to this situation. I figured there would be a stencil like this out there honestly. Does just any automotive black paint work for this?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Thanks. I've googled "blue oval stencil" and "ford oval stencil" and there are no results that are applicable to this situation. I figured there would be a stencil like this out there honestly. Does just any automotive black paint work for this?

i used high temp low gloss black from advanced auto parts ... engine enamel i believe it what was actually written on the can ... it was like 3 bucks

futureSVT

Established Member
you might be able to go to like a kikos and get them to enlarge an oval emblem. and you could cut it out to make your own..

MineralStang

Established Member
you might be able to go to like a kikos and get them to enlarge an oval emblem. and you could cut it out to make your own..

That's what I'm starting to think may be the only option. Thanks! They will duplicate a copyrighted symbol won't they? I would think they would since I would just be enlarging it.

Users who are viewing this thread