Blue Nile....Anyone Used Them?

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Just what the title says...has anyone used them? If so, can you please share your experience and if the quality was what it says it is (if you've had it appraised from somewhere). There are a few good, small jewelry stores around here that people I know have had good luck with, but of course their prices are higher than Blue Nile for the same diamond/ring. One of the places I like only has 6mo financing, which is a little short, but I might just pay for it up front anyways. Having the no-interest option is fine by me though...and that's why Blue Nile has pulled me in. Looks like they have:

6 months: $500.00 - $1,499.99
12 months:$1,500.00+
24 month term: $2,000.00 - $2,999.99
36 month term: $3,000.00 - $3,999.99
48 month term: $4,000.00+

No interest for 36+ months is great if the place is good and reputable. I always like to find out from more people than just reading reviews on their website. So....anyone shop here or know someone that has?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

verbal

Established Member
I bought an engagement ring there and do not have any complaints. I was intimidated to go into a retail store and potentially get taken advantage of. I did not know anything about diamonds or settings at the time. Their website is very informative and it is easy to select what you are looking for based on your budget. I have not had the ring appraised by a third party.

jonb347

Established Member
i tried to do financing through them and i have a 720 score and they wouldnt approve me for over $1000, then i decided I shouldn't be getting married if i couldn't afford the ring i wanted so I just saved a few more months and bough it. very happy with blue nile.

Kiohtee

Established Member
i tried to do financing through them and i have a 720 score and they wouldnt approve me for over $1000, then i decided I shouldn't be getting married if i couldn't afford the ring i wanted so I just saved a few more months and bough it. very happy with blue nile.

Pretty much. I used to laugh at people who basically just financed what amounted to be a whole house's worth of furniture when I worked at Rent-A-Center. Weekly payments upwards of $400 for such useless, petty crap.

Anyway. People actually finance rings? :nonono:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
My brothers and I have purchased earrings and such many times through Blue Nile in past years. We've never had a bad experience with them. I've never tried to finance anything with them, though.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Pretty much. I used to laugh at people who basically just financed what amounted to be a whole house's worth of furniture when I worked at Rent-A-Center. Weekly payments upwards of $400 for such useless, petty crap.

Anyway. People actually finance rings? :nonono:

Financing with interest and financing no interest are very different. I could pay for it right now and be fine, but why

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I bought my wedding band from Blue Nile. It was cheap and I'll probably lose it anyway. I think it was $75 or something.

I went to a local jeweler who is a friend of the family for my wife's engagement ring. It was beautiful. The difference with a local guy is that you can examine diamonds separately from the setting ahead of time. I then had her wedding band done by the same guy and he made it look similar so the engagement and wedding bands look like they were made together.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I bought my wife's wedding ring from them. The appraisal I got for insurance was more than I paid for the ring. They have quality stuff. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
I used James Allen. Same thing as Blue Nile, I believe I looked at both before getting the ones from J.A., two diamonds, 1/2c each for earrings to match her wedding/engagement ring. I'm a bit o.c.d. and needed them to be identical. They were. No complaints from J.A. I'm sure B.N. is good also.

I tried to go local but they just pissed me off. More expensive, less selection, and crap service. "C'mon do it man, you know you want to". Really? Lines like that still work?

StangingAround

Established Member
James Allen, Good old Gold, and Whiteflash are great because they can actually send you pics of the diamonds you are interested in. Blue nile is good as well but I feel you need to be educated (know the 4 c's and their characteristics) before you go and buy a diamond blind off the net.

Users who are viewing this thread