Blue Belt Cleaning

SteveWK

Established Member
Hey guys!

I know there was a thread on cleaning the Van Blue Belt, but I can't find it. Mine looks like dirty underwear.

Steve

DR~Z

Established Member
I saw what happened to my green belt, turning black. That's why I didn't by the blue belt.

railroad

Established Member
Motorcycle shops sell some fantastic cleaners. I am fond of Honda's. I think it is called "clean and shine". It is safe on everything on a motorcylce, rubber, paint, chrome, plastic, etc, so I use it under the hood of my cars. Hope this helps. I am running the blue belt also, but must not have enough miles to have gotten dirty yet.

_Satch_

Established Member
I VERY CAREFULLY used Spray Nine on a small rag while the engine was running. Looks like brand new again.

carguy19

Established Member
I VERY CAREFULLY used Spray Nine on a small rag while the engine was running. Looks like brand new again.

Be careful doing that man. good way to slip and lose a finger or two.

Id try a new method, just a tip.

(I am a little over careful, I watched a buddy get his hand chopped up between a water pump pulley and fan on a fox body) not a pretty site.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member

(I am a little over careful, I watched a buddy get his hand chopped up between a water pump pulley and fan on a fox body) not a pretty site.

1+++

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Knights Spray nine!!

cleans the green belt up to like new appearance without solvents.

I used a toothbrush and started it. took a few minutes then it was clean.

_Satch_

Established Member

Just to be a little clearer... I folded the rag up into a small square, with no exposed edges, about the width of the belt, sprayed it with the Knight's Spray Nine and placed it against the belt at about the 1 o'clock position on the pulley. Believe me when I say, I was extremely mindful of my finger placement. In hindsight, some kind of scrubber similar to a grinding wheel dressing tool would have been a SAFER way of doing it.
-Satch

SteveWK

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I think I will try cleaning it with the engine off. While I can see doing it with it running, I just don't trust it or myself frankly. I'll just take the belt off the pulley and clean it that way.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
When using Spray Nine. AVOID GLASS!!! it's acid properties can etch and spot glass up easily!! it's not strong enough to make aluminum foamy and white so it won't discolor the motor. it removes belt dust from the front of the motor easily (that's what I was aiming for before I was cleaning the belt. hence using the toothbrush)

This cleaner works MIRACLES on the wheels and brake dust as well. also removes build up of armorall/silicone on tires. it just melts it right off. on leather seats, they are like new in seconds. just be sure to clean with water after any application wherever you use it.

if you never used it. you'll be truly amazed. they even used to claim that it killed AIDS!! haha!! I buy it by the case.

Users who are viewing this thread