Blown Slave Cylinder?

Tispho

Established Member
Has anyone ever blown a slave cylinder?

I was driving around tonight at around 3 AM, downshifted into 3rd, WOT, shifted into 4th. And just lost all clutch pressure.

Pulled car off the side of the road. And I see hydraulic/brake/clutch fluid leaking around bell housing.

Cars at dealership right now. Hopefully nothing major. :shrug:

The clutch assembly, was replaced before due to the pressure plate bolt issue. Any other ideas of what went wrong?

Last edited:

lukem80

Established Member
clutch line could've came out of the elbow before it goes into the TO bearing. maybe during reassembly they didn't put the clutch line clips in right

hope its something easy!!!

Tispho

Established Member
The car has finally returned to me from the dealership. Bad slave cylinder. Replaced under warranty.

I think it was bad the whole time. It drives much nicer now and goes into every gear much easier. If your having issues shifting into a certain gear. Your slave cylinder may be at fault.

Put the rear of your car up on jack stands. Put it in first gear with the clutch fully depressed. If your wheels move at all. Something is wrong. Probably the master or slave.

If your car creeps forward while in first with the clutch fully depressed. You probably have the pressure plate bolts backing out problem.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
The car has finally returned to me from the dealership. Bad slave cylinder. Replaced under warranty.

I think it was bad the whole time. It drives much nicer now and goes into every gear much easier. If your having issues shifting into a certain gear. Your slave cylinder may be at fault.

Put the rear of your car up on jack stands. Put it in first gear with the clutch fully depressed. If your wheels move at all. Something is wrong. Probably the master or slave.

If your car creeps forward while in first with the clutch fully depressed. You probably have the pressure plate bolts backing out problem.

Hold on,
Do you mean if i put the car in 1st, let go of the clutch gently and if my car starts moving something is wrong?

Tispho

Established Member
Hold on,
Do you mean if i put the car in 1st, let go of the clutch gently and if my car starts moving something is wrong?

If you are on a flat surface. And you're in first with the clutch fully depressed (disengaged) the car should NOT move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread