Blown rear diff

drptitan

Established Member
Well last night I broke my rear diff. Not sure on the damage yet but had a few questions on what to do. Well I was draggin this cammed C5 Zo6 and then I hear a loud clunk. Thought maybe I snapped a u-joint or something, well exit the freeway and pull into the gas station. Lay down and look under the car and couldnt really see anything. Walk around the back of the car to look at the passenger side and the whole rear bumper, decklid, and spoiler were covered in diff fluid. Get the car home and put it on the lift, on the back of the diff cover where it seems to bolt to something there is a huge crack/hole.

I dont know where to go from here!! Should I fix the IRS?

Any input on maybe what I broke or what step to take next would be greatlly appericated.

Thanks,
Robb:nonono:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
you dont have the IRS brace? break on a hard launch? wheel hop? sound slike typical cobra diff failures for those that dont have the irs brace and experience wheel hop

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
And get an IRS brace ASAP! Then even if you get wheel hop let out of it ASAP!

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
My diff cover cracked with a billetflow brace. Thats the reason i went solid, besides having a sra in my gt in my driveway with spun rod bearing. Its an easy choice when you have one laying around not being used. The crack on mine went from the top to the bottom of the cover opposite side the brace. It didnt have a big hole like some when they go but it was an unweldable crack.

Users who are viewing this thread