Blown Mach tweeters

PIXER

Banned
Whats the best replacement?
Mine are blown and driving me insane.

Gotta get another set of Mach's or is there something aftermarket?

Judging by the door panels, it looks like they have been blown for a while and at some point someone bought those cheapie mini tweeters that are black and round and just screwed them into the bottom of the doors :bash:

I hate when people half-ass a job, especially on a car........

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
They dont really sell those size tweeters (at least at the places I've been to), so your best bet would be getting new OEM Visteon replacements.

I wanted to replace the mids and tweets in my car and every place I went to tried selling me composite sets that would only mount in the lower door and behind my back seats (2/1 mid and tweeters). Personally I dont think it would sound right without the tweeters in the door, so like I said.. ^

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
any aftermarket tweeter is going to sound really "bright" ( kinda ear piercing). I recomend either getting OEM or finding a 2" - 2.5" speaker..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
OEM is the ONLY way to go, unless you are planning on powering the new tweets with a seperate amp.

The OEM "Tweets" do not just play the highs, they play mid tones as well.
The lower door speakers play lower range mids and lows.
Throwing an aftermarket tweeter in there will be a waste of money. It will blow in very short time AND your music will sound like poo with no upper midrange.

My advice is Ebay. Buy from someone who guarantees they won't be DOA.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I tried to look for some OEM tweeter replacements for the MACH system and came up empty handed on more then one occasion. If anyone stumbles across some, i'd like to see the source :)

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I've got a audiobahn component set....even can with a audiobahn tweeter cover that replaces the one that says mach 460. Came with car though don't know where it came from. I'm looking all over for one for my 97 cobra. I'll keep ya posted.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
thanx for the hookup guys. and yeah i knew there were on ebay, but i didn't want the whole shibang of the cover and all...if i were to pick one up, i'd only need the tweeter itself. which i did eventually see that eBay auction with only the tweeters

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
You really can't upgrade the tweeters in the doors? That SUCKS. What if you want better sound? You can't fit something else in there?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You really can't upgrade the tweeters in the doors? That SUCKS. What if you want better sound? You can't fit something else in there?

It's not a question of fitment. Did you read my post above?
The stock speakers operate at different ohms.
Read my first post above for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread