Blown Mach 1 vs Pontiac G8 GXP

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Short version: GXP ain't all that!

Long version: At lunch time yesterday, I had a random encounter with a new Pontiac G8 GXP. Four lane divided highway, I'm in the left lane at a light behind about three cars, he's at the front of the line in the right lane. Light changes, the morons in my lane get up to about 30mph, and the right lane is moving way faster, I hate that!

Right lane clears, I pull over and go around the slowskies and as I'm pulling back into the left lane, I see the black GXP about 10 cars ahead in the right lane. He must have watched me do my little dance around the slow cars in his rear view, because I saw him jump on the gas as soon as I cleared traffic and started to gain on him. I figured, what the hell, the road was clear in front of both of us, so I let 'er rip!

That 10 car advantage he had dried up like a water droplet in the Sahara! I passed him with the KB screaming, and the Borlas trying their best to harmonize with it. There were no car lengths, or bus lengths to measure the distance that opened up between us, it was like cruise ship lengths! My speedometer was in the 130mph range and I needed to get slowed down to pull into the office parking lot. I got the car slowed down and parked as the Pontiac finally came past me, with the driver giving me the "you're number one" salute as he drove by. LOL!

LittleMT

Established Member

Long version: At lunch time yesterday, I had a random encounter with a new Pontiac G8 GXP. Four lane divided highway, I'm in the left lane at a light behind about three cars, he's at the front of the line in the right lane. Light changes, the morons in my lane get up to about 30mph, and the right lane is moving way faster, I hate that!

Right lane clears, I pull over and go around the slowskies and as I'm pulling back into the left lane, I see the black GXP about 10 cars ahead in the right lane. He must have watched me do my little dance around the slow cars in his rear view, because I saw him jump on the gas as soon as I cleared traffic and started to gain on him. I figured, what the hell, the road was clear in front of both of us, so I let 'er rip!

That 10 car advantage he had dried up like a water droplet in the Sahara! I passed him with the KB screaming, and the Borlas trying their best to harmonize with it. There were no car lengths, or bus lengths to measure the distance that opened up between us, it was like cruise ship lengths! My speedometer was in the 130mph range and I needed to get slowed down to pull into the office parking lot. I got the car slowed down and parked as the Pontiac finally came past me, with the driver giving me the "you're number one" salute as he drove by. LOL!

wow! you are king of the Ricer flyby! EVERYBODY, Bow your heads....

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Naw, he had his foot in it. Like I said, it was a random encounter, so I don't know anything about the car, whether it was stock, modded, or whatever. But from 10 or so car lengths back, I could see the car squat down, a little exhaust puff, so he was all about trying to stay out in front. I never doubted that I was going to blow by him, it's more about how he must have felt to have a ginormous lead evaporate, and then get his ass kicked by a Mustang that these Pontiac owners think isn't worthy of their competition. :shrug:

Last edited:

LittleMT

Established Member
No, a ricer flyby occurs at the end of a race, this happened at the beginning. That's called an asskicking.

he was cruising, minding his own buisness, then all of the sudden you floor it from 10 cars back, while he is cruising, and as you build speed, you then blow around him, again, as his LS3 powered GXP was cruising.. You should read the 'RICER FLYBY' thread found in the GXP forums... You are now famous!:rockon:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
he was cruising, minding his own buisness, then all of the sudden you floor it from 10 cars back, while he is cruising, and as you build speed, you then blow around him, again, as his LS3 powered GXP was cruising.. You should read the 'RICER FLYBY' thread found in the GXP forums... You are now famous!:rockon:

I'm pretty sure his 530whp/500wtq vs. the G8GXP's 415/415 CRANK .....and his 500lb weight advantage had a little something to do with it.

LittleMT

Established Member
bsflag.gif

the SRT wasn't,...er, GXP wasn't racing.

04A4GTO

Established Member

Yes, high 12second cars out of the box are a total waste of time and "aint all that", why in the hell would anyone want a nice, comfy, 4 door LS3 V8 sports car that can run high 12's at the track all day long... I mean wtf was that dude thinking :rollseyes

Last time I checked Mach's were not high 12's out of the box, more like mid 13's. So if the GXP aint all that, then what is your Mach I?

No question your car is faster, but I mean... who in the hell starts a race from 10 cars back. And who floors it when 10 cars ahead of the car he's trying to race? Just seems odd

But anyway your car sounds like it's an evil little bastard :beer:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Yes, high 12second cars out of the box are a total waste of time and "aint all that", why in the hell would anyone want a nice, comfy, 4 door LS3 V8 sports car that can run high 12's at the track all day long... I mean wtf was that dude thinking :rollseyes

Last time I checked Mach's were not high 12's out of the box, more like mid 13's. So if the GXP aint all that, then what is your Mach I?

No question your car is faster, but I mean... who in the hell starts a race from 10 cars back. And who floors it when 10 cars ahead of the car he's trying to race? Just seems odd

:rockon:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

WRong.

TR - Lot's of hatred in this one......jealousy's a bitch I guess. ?..

Deuuuce

Established Member
Sounds like the guy wasn't trying to race, but just instead spiritedly getting on it a bit.

I'm thinking he let off a while back.

So you're 10 CLs back and end up many, many bus lengths ahead? I can tell you right now he let off a long time ago, like at 80mph if that. I had my ass handed to me by liter bikes for grins from a roll and it isn't even that bad. And you're trapping in the upper 120s, I'm guessing?

Now when I got lined up against a 9-sec Camaro that cut a 1.3 60ft, it was that bad.

Anyway, you've got an awesomely fast car but for a $39k stock 4door that can trap 110-111mph, so does he.

Users who are viewing this thread