Blown Head Gasket or ???

Mikey_boosted_c

Established Member
My Coyote is boosted has 12k miles and I have a MMR OPG since 3k miles.

Recently my car has been shooting lots of white smoke out the exhaust . I figured is was just cause the cold weather and e85 . After a few miles of driving smoke would go away But I did get a random misfire ( not the typical cold start ups received from e85) . Check engine light would appear and give me a cylinder one misfire . I Checked the oil and coolant levels and they're perfect nothing seemed to be wrong . So I'm still just considering its the cold weather .

Took it to the track white smoke seemed not to go away now . Did a burn out and now its misfiring again check the code same thing misfire cylinder 1 . So I Called it quits . Took it home and now I noticed the oil from the dipstick is watery , smelt it and smells like coolant . So now I take off my cylinder 1 spark plug to see what is going on since it gave me codes for cylinder 1 and there was oil with coolant on the plug .

Any ideas what it can be ? my guess is a head gasket or is there someone that had a similar issue and discovered is was something else .
wanted to do a compression test to see if I have a cracked piston or cylinder wall . But if it was a cracked wall or piston my guess would be where is the coolant coming from . that is why I think its a head gasket . and if I do a compression test the head gasket would have a leak to where it wouldn't show me if its a short block issue or just a head gasket.

I'm only on 10.5psi of boost so its not like I over boosted .

nxhappy

Established Member
milkshake oil + white exhaust smoke = BHG

time to pull the heads

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
milkshake oil + white exhaust smoke = BHG

time to pull the heads

I agree with the above, seems obvious you have coolant mixing with oil from a blown head gasket. The important thing to figure out is why this happened, if you dont mind telling us who tuned your car?

Mikey_boosted_c

Established Member
You probably detonated pull number one plug and crank it I bet it spits out fluid you need to look at it with a bore scope

If I detonated wouldn't the car misfire all the time ? And how would coolant get in my oil ? Also , my car wouldn't be able to tune on my guess is if I did detonated, No ?

bottle fed 14

Established Member
You need to pull the number one plug crank over see if it spews if not then do a compression test if it has a blown head gasket it probably would have been detonation that did it

nxhappy

Established Member
compression test is needed, but it sounds like a blown head gasket. Detonation is probably present. Look for silver specs on the spark plug porcelain. Either way not good at all....you could need new heads and pistons....hope you didn't drive it long like that ...

Users who are viewing this thread