Blown DSG 96 Cobra

ChipR4cam

Established Member
50_Dave said:
chip, what was your fastest ET in that car?
Well, I couldn't launch the car hard because it has stock axles. It went 11.69@124or5 with a 3500rpm launch, not power shifting. That was on 8.5" slicks. I think it was a high 1.6 60. I bumped it up to 5k on the next launch and broke an axle.

Last edited:

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
ChipR4cam said:
Well, I couldn't launch the car hard because it has stock axles. It went 11.69@124or5 with a 3500rpm launch, not power shifting. That was on 8.5" slicks. I think it was a high 1.6 60. I bumped it up to 5k on the next launch and broke an axle.

We took it to the track last night. I remembered the launch rpm...

...forgot about the "slicks" part. Hello, 2.04 60ft. :loser:

My friend got out on me with a 1.65 in his blown '95 Cobra, then got a little loose as I was reeling him in, so I had to step off the water pump for a second. Once I was sure he wasn't coming over the stripe for a little visit, I got back in it and went 12.3 at 118.

I was shifting at about 6800. What did you turn the motor to?

Last edited:

ChipR4cam

Established Member
Droptop Snake said:

My friend got out on me with a 1.65 in his blown '95 Cobra, then got a little loose as was reeling him in, so I had to step off the water pump for a second. Once I was sure he wasn't coming over the stripe for a little visit, I got back in it and went 12.3 at 118.

I turned it to 7k or so, but I doubt it would make alot of difference. How was the weather? Did ya'll only make one pass? Looks like 11s will come really easy on the DRs.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Not sure about the humidity, but it was only slighty cool. Maybe mid 60s or so. I only got one pass because Evan got to the track only 90 minutes before the staging lanes closed, and everyone and their brother was either breaking or laying oil half the night.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Droptop Snake said:

My friend got out on me with a 1.65 in his blown '95 Cobra, then got a little loose as I was reeling him in, so I had to step off the water pump for a second. Once I was sure he wasn't coming over the stripe for a little visit, I got back in it and went 12.3 at 118.

ChipR4cam said:
I turned it to 7k or so, but I doubt it would make alot of difference. How was the weather? Did ya'll only make one pass? Looks like 11s will come really easy on the DRs.

Uh, yeah they will... just found out that the X-pipe had been flattened on one side. Evan's friend undid the 02s today to check the backpressure. 3psi on the OK side, and 32psi on the collapsed tube! :eek:

...and it went 12.3/118 on a botched run in that condition. I can't wait to get a good run with it once the pipe is repaired or replaced. Jeezus...

ChipR4cam

Established Member
Droptop Snake said:
Uh, yeah they will... just found out that the X-pipe had been flattened on one side. Evan's friend undid the 02s today to check the backpressure. 3psi on the OK side, and 32psi on the collapsed tube! :eek:

...and it went 12.3/118 on a botched run in that condition. I can't wait to get a good run with it once the pipe is repaired or replaced. Jeezus...
Oh, wow. I new it was bad, but not that bad.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread